Analyst – Global Cyber Defense – Security Operations Center – Marsh McLennan – Hoboken, NJ
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Marsh McClennan is seeking candidates for the following role:
Analyst – Global Cyber Defense – Security Operations Center
What can you expect?
We are looking for someone to join and grow in our remote-first Security Operations Center (SOC) in a technical analyst role on Sunday – Thursday business hours shift. As an Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing security event data, assessing the potential impact of events, and creating recommendations to defend against emerging threats. You will follow security events through the triage and response lifecycle and document all processes in a centralized knowledge base. In this role, you will participate in ongoing security incidents and continuous SOC initiatives, such as new content development and enrichment. Additionally, you will collaborate across multiple teams on various efforts to continue to strengthen the security posture of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Analyzing network traffic, endpoint security events, and other various log sources to identify threats, assess the potential impact, and recommend mitigations
- Supporting other security functions and teams to ensure the holistic implementation of security controls, technologies, practices, and programs
- Contributing to the development and improvement of response processes, documentation, tool configurations, and detection logic
- Assisting in additional Security Operation Center initiatives, including playbook development and documentation, new rule creation, and tool evaluations
- Maintaining an operational knowledge of global threat trends, known threat actors, common tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and emerging security technologies
- Collaborating on Security Operation Center team training opportunities and other cross-training opportunities
- Operating as a subject matter expert on various security topics across multiple domains
- Supporting 24×7 operations by participating in an on-call rotation and assisting in ongoing incidents during non-standard hours
What is in it for you?
- Competitive Benefits
- Career Development Opportunities
- Remote-First Team
Need Security Training? Certifications at Your Own Pace
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
We would like you to have:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), other related degrees, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of information security experience and/or 2-4 years of experience in security analysis in a non-security focused role
- Excellent critical thinking skills, with proven analytical expertise and the ability to learn adaptively
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated experience with security technologies and alerts, such as intrusion prevention and detection systems, web proxies, SIEM, SOAR, EDR, firewalls, web application scanner, vulnerability scanners, forensics tools, open-source tools, or other security technologies
- Knowledge in one or more of the following domains: Network Operations and Architecture, Operating Systems, Identity and Access Management, Programming, Cloud Computing, Databases, or Cryptography
- Ability to operate independently in a dynamic, evolving environment with multiple inputs and tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of common attacks, current threats, threat actors, and industry trends
- Familiarity with common security frameworks and models, such as MITRE ATT&CK, Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain, The Diamond Model of Intrusion Analysis and NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Professional or technical certifications, such as Security+, GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other related certifications
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.