Associate, Cyber Security – Cloud – KPMG US Los Angeles, CA
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Historically, the travel requirement for this position has ranged from 80-100%. The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities, and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts. For now, all KPMG business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only. At some point in the future and with the safety of people as the critical factor, the travel requirement will likely increase, possibly to previous levels, but KPMG is committed to balancing client requirements with new delivery capabilities.
READ Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate, Cyber Security – Cloud in Technology Enablement for our Consulting practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes and risk management in areas such as cyber security, cloud security, cloud governance and compliance, DevOps, cloud data protection, cloud monitoring and incident response, enterprise security architecture, technology risk management, and others
- Establish a strong knowledge of enterprise cloud environments and cloud service provider platforms including Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform and their embedded security, as well as multi-cloud security management technologies; communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations
- Plan and execute client engagements focusing on assessment, review, design and/or implementation of Cloud infrastructure/platform/software security; identify improvement opportunities in the areas of process efficiency and security including role-based security and identify and access management based on KPMG’s methodology for cloud environments
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks and remediation methods to mitigate risks
- Stay current with trends in this emerging space and enhance KPMG’s existing methodology for cloud security and controls engagements
- A minimum of one years of experience in any of the following areas: cloud security assessment and strategy; cloud compliance; solution architecture and design with emphasis on security, security operations and integration with cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS security platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Workday; IT risk management
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
- Possess baseline security certification such as CISM/CISSP/GSEC/CISA/cloud certification for Microsoft Azure/AWS/Google Cloud Platform or studying towards attaining the certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.