Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
Career in cyber security are lucrative. This industry has a much faster average growth rate according to the US Department of Labor. Below are some of the highest paying jobs. But if you’re not ready for one of the high paying jobs in security? Look at the salary for Cyber Security Analysts
Cyber Security Policy and Compliance Officer
Do you possess a strong application development or application security background? A cyber security career allows you to design, test, and deploy different risk elements. Cyber security professionals serve as an information security subject matter expert and participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of information security in an organization. If you want to deploy security technology strategies in conjunction with business technology leadership to secure the businesses. If you have experience with data loss and prevention concepts, then these high-paying cyber security jobs may be for you.
The Cybersecurity Policy and Compliance Officer works in a challenging environment that combines technical security testing, security engineering, and policy and compliance expertise with business consulting expertise to deliver high-value client IT security solutions and program planning. This person contributes to a team of security professionals providing potentially a Department of Defense (DoD) clients assurance that complex IT systems and networks meet security controls and standards. This person typically plans and executes system security assessments to meet client requirements, analyze results, develop reports to be used to determine system vulnerabilities and risk posture, and provide recommendations for remediation to achieve desired security and risk posture.
Basic Qualifications include:
- 3+ years of experience with preparing full RMF security authorization packages or legacy DIACAP packages
- 3+ years of experience with performing system decomposition analysis that resulted in a test battery required for security control assessments
- 3+ years of experience with analyzing the development of security assessment plans, security assessment reports, and risk assessment reports
- 2+ years of experience with populating a security control compliance repository or tools, including eMASS, Xacta, or RSA Archer
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
The CISO is responsible for ensuring all enclaves and Information systems are secure and functional. The CISO is responsible for the development and implementation of the long-term strategic IA road map and requirements for accomplishing DCoE enterprise functions and operations. This person also is responsible for developing and sustaining the Federal customer’s Information Security program, policies, procedures, and managing the C&A process.
Other typical duties include:
- Determine enterprise information security standards
- Develops and implements information security standards and procedures
- Securely integrate and apply Department/Agency missions, organization, function, policies, and procedures within the enclave
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT level III (CISA, CISSP, CASP)
- Knowledge of Automated Information Systems (AIS) and network nodes
- 8+ years of experience is usually perferable
Vice President Chief Information Security Officer
The VP if one of the highest paying cyber security Jobs. This person works closely with the designated Privacy officer and legal team to ensure that technological and physical access controls effectuate the organization’s data privacy policies. A VP CISO works with business, risk management, and technical stakeholders in the development and implementation of a security strategy designed to provide a high level of security over physical facilities and data processing while preserving and enhancing facility and system usability. You must be able to develop and implement flexible security solutions, dictated by the needs of a hybrid and rapidly evolving business environment.
Although you’re a VP, you should have experience with:
- Maintaining operational computer and network security, firewall administration, virus protection, intrusion detection and prevention, automated security patching, and vulnerability scanning systems
- Data breach management and managing an actual data breach
- Project management skills and excellent presentation skills, with the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
Deputy Chief Information Security Officer
A Deputy Chief Information Security Officer plans and executes an effective and efficient $100M+ multi-year program ensuring a quality information security capability and operation that is delivered on time, on budget while controlling risk. You would measure project performance monitoring the progress of the project, identifying variances, perform required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders. You may also have to understand the businesses you are delivering, including cross-functional business domains and the interdependence of various projects.
This career requires hands on leadership. You need to provides technical expertise to solve problems and convey complex issues effectively to both a technical and non-technical audience. If you can understand the information security landscape and brings experience across a variety of industry best practices for running a comprehensive cybersecurity defense program, Deputy Chief Information Security Officer career may be for you!