Chief Information Security Officer – Temple Health – Temple University Health System Company Location Greater Philadelphia
Note: We are reader supported and may earn a small commission when you click on links in posts
CISO at Temple University Health System
Under the guidance of the CIO, implements and supports information security initiatives throughout the Health System to include all entities and TUP. Acts as a focus and resource for information security matters. Investigates and recommends secure solutions that implement information security policy and standards. Serves as the facilitator for all activities related to availability, integrity, and confidentiality of patient, provider, employee, and business information in compliance with the Health System’s security policies and procedures enterprise-wide. Oversees, implements, and monitors any special regulatory security requirements (e.g., HIPAA, HITECH). Participates in the development and implementation of standards and procedures for TUH, TUP, and TUHS policies, with the objective of performance improvement, quality control, and regulatory compliance for IT practices across TUP and TUHS. Is responsible for timely completion of projects and on budget. Plays a key role in implementing change in the department and across the Health System. Has contact and works with all levels of management and professional staff from the health system, School of Medicine, and other health organizations, and vendors.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information systems, or related field (Required)
- Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 10 Years experience and a demonstrated working knowledge of network and systems security technology and practices across all major computing areas (Required)
- 10 Years experience in IT Operations, including security work (application, network, database security), 5 of which are in health care (Required)
- 10 Years experience in data center disciplines, computer operations, technical support, system infrastructure, telecommunications, system administration, and application support. (Required)
- 5 Years experience of managerial responsibility and project management expertise (Required)
- 5 Years experience with healthcare technology and a broad understanding/ experience with computer technology. (Required)
CISSP – Cert Info Sys Security Prof (Preferred)