Cloud Engineer – Cyber Security (TEMPORARY/REMOTE Job – Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Cloud Engineer – Cyber Security (TEMPORARY/REMOTE).110 Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
About the job
Global Fortune 500 Company seeks an experienced Cloud Engineer – Cyber Security (Temporary). The temporary position is remote, and you must be willing to work on EST/CST time zones. The hourly rate is between $60 – $70, depending on experience.
READ Get More Than 300 Hours of Cyber Security Training for Under $700
The Cloud Engineer – Cyber Security is a multifaceted information security leader and subject matter expert (SME) who can support and provide information security engineering expertise to assist with the implementation of the corporate cloud security strategy.
You will collaborate closely with and interface a great deal with the technical and business teams to assist with the implementation of required cloud security policy, controls, and automation. This role will ultimately serve as a liaison between Corporate Security management on cloud architectures and compute that will be hosted and/or operated by the company’s resources and serve as a key point of contact for tracking and communication of project status for the implementation of the company’s cloud security strategy.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
- CISSP, CISM, or other relevant information security industry recognized certification required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent certification, or experience is required; Graduate degrees in related fields highly desired
- 6-8 years of progressive information security experience across various information security / information technology risk management domains such as but not limited to: application security, infrastructure security, internet and network security, identity and access management, cloud governance frameworks, cloud security architecture, etc. required
- Experience designing and implementing network security controls in virtualized environments
- Understanding of current information security and IT risk management solutions market and vendor spaces across broad security domains
- Implement common principles and practices across cloud platforms and provide compliance with industry specific guidelines such as the Security Trust and Assurance Registry from the Cloud Security Alliance
- Industry recognized and vendor specific cloud security certifications preferred (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Security engineering experience across cloud architecture deployments (i.e., Azure, AWS, GCP), governance, and general cloud security controls
- Demonstrated technical aptitude across security controls and technology required
- Minimum 4 years designing security for enterprise cloud infrastructure, network and application architectures
- Subject matter expert (SME) across the entire IT stack as well as diverse IT systems, networking and security components, applications, and operating systems. Solid understanding as to how to mitigate risks with common controls such as WAF’S, IDPS’s, MPS’s, AWL, etc.
- Understanding of information risk management frameworks, regulations, data protection guidelines and standards
- Technical aptitude and critical thinking skills while having the ability to think outside the box, demonstrated ability to solve complex information security problems, ability to observe security risks and weaknesses and provide security recommendations to respective project and delivery teams
- Experience authoring reports, data flow diagrams, and Visio drawings for security systems and networks required