Cloud Information Security Specialist – Federal Reserve Bank of New York – New York, NY
Company Name: Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Company Location: New York, NY
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
What We Do
Information Security executes programs and provides services that ensure the protection of our information assets to minimize the risks of disruption to economic and financial systems, and payment infrastructure.
Your Role As Cloud Information Security Specialist
You will perform, and enhance the Bank’s cyber security risk assessment and management program with a focus on Cloud. You will reside in the Information Security Function and report to the Head of the Risk Assessment and Management Department.
You Will Also
You will work with Risk Assessment and Management leadership team to promote a healthy culture of cloud security risk management throughout the Bank, and support the goals of the different risk assessment teams to ensure mutual success.
- Implement the development and assessment of security orchestration and automation frameworks for the cloud with IR, security change control, cloud security, vulnerability management, and risk assessment
- The instrumentation and content development of “compliance as code” for information security responsibilities to refine execution of security activities.
- The uplift of cloud security standards, procedures, and methodologies
- Assess several business projects with a focus on cloud technologies.
- Manage the development and enforcement of security policy, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of cloud security.
- Champion and communicate secure standards to business leaders, organization management and across IT teams.
- Provide security consulting services to our teams and other lines of businesses on security integration, secure design and service usage.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in cloud technologies with a focus on security
- Ability to obtain and maintain national security clearance
- Experience with industry standard information security control frameworks. (NIST, FedRAMP)
- Relevant industry accepted security certifications (AWS, Azure, CCSP,CISSP, SANS) a plus
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- And more
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Federal Reserve Bank of New York
NY-New York City
Full-time / Part-time:
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SEE ALL Cyber Security Jobs