Control Officer – Information & Cyber Security – Wells Fargo Summit, NJ
Note: We are reader supported and may earn a small commission when you click on links in posts
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ‘Personal Cell’ or ‘Cellular’ in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Risk & Control Officer in our Divisional Control Team (DCT) Technology Controls team supporting Information and Cyber Security (ICS). This individual will provide leadership and strategic guidance for the implementation and effective execution of tasks to identify, assess, and mitigate risks within DCT and ICS. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player that has expertise in risk and program management, is a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations with a diverse group of stakeholders, and someone who is able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and be the trusted advisor to the Control Executive, Risk leadership and the ICS teams.
- Provide operational risk and regulatory compliance expertise and consult on projects/programs and initiatives with moderate/high risk, which may include providing systems security consulting on complex issues.
- Provide credible challenge and recommendations to technology and business teams on appropriate risk management.
- Drive risk strategy across the supported ICS LOB; and establish, administer, and execute long-term goals for controlling risk in accordance with risk program requirements.
- Implementation of the front line risk management program requirements and related business procedures, processes, and systems of internal controls to ensure adequacy and effectiveness across ICS functions.
- Evaluate key risk and performance indicators to identify emerging trends within the business and across risk domains.
- Interact with senior leaders, control function leaders, independent risk management and external audit to foster transparency and appropriate awareness of risk control activities.
- Establish and maintain communication protocols to foster information sharing and collaboration
- Promote a strong risk culture, cultivate relationships and foster a team orientation with ICS business partners, independent risk management, and internal audit
- May provide guidance to less experienced operational risk consultants.
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
7+ years of experience in risk management or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Ability to evaluate risks and the impact of decisions on an overall organization
- Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience resolving and working through escalated and complex issues
- Experience working with internal and external auditors and examiners
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- 1+ year of financial services industry experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Experience with information security and risk management including: policy and standards, information security assessment, and mitigation solution design and implementation
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT, Information Cyber Security or IT consulting involving large projects.
- ICS LOB experience
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo risk management practices over multiple lines of business and/or the independent risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of eGRC tools, such as Archer, that enable reporting and issue management
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.