Cyber Information Systems Security Manager 2 – Northrop Grumman Palmdale, CA
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
About the job
As a leader with Northrop Grumman, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
The Cyber Information Systems Security team is seeking a Cyber Information Systems Security Manager to lead a team of Information Systems Security Professionals in Palmdale, CA. A diverse classified information systems security/information assurance background is required, including the Special Access Programs (JSIG) and DOD collateral (NISPOM and DAAPM) processes. Intelligence Community assessment and authorization process (ICD-503) experience is a plus.
READ 5 Reasons Why Cyber Security Certification Is Worth It
The team performs the information systems security statement of work for classified programs and their systems and networks. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments. Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and support obtaining assessment and authorization of systems. Responsibilities include oversight and/or support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
This position provides management oversight for a SAP program team. The role will ensure compliance and achieve and maintain formal authorizations from government agencies. Ensures the management/coordination with classified programs on the design, testing, and implementing of state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, database products, firewalls, and network architectures to meet government classified information system compliance requirements.
The successful candidate will establish an inclusive culture within a diverse environment, and will be responsible for the following:
- Effective team management to include fostering individual development, performance management, open communication, financial management, and utilization
- Ensure strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and support obtaining formal Assessment & Authorization of systems
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policy. This may include project management and supporting the Northrop Grumman processes for 800-171 or in the future CMMC efforts
- Support the formal Security Assessment process required by the company or government customer
- Regular and routine communication with key stakeholders including, program management teams, the Enterprise Services Program Management Office, the Information Technology Organization, Industrial Security, internal and external customers
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our, Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
READ Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
- Master’s degree with 6 years of Information Systems Security experience; OR a Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of Information Systems Security experience is required
- Must have work experience in one of the following three areas: National Industrial Security Program (NISP), Department of Defense Special Access Programs (DoD SAP), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) programs
- Must have a current DOD 8570 IAM Level III security certification (Examples: CISM, GSLC, or CISSP)
- Candidates must have a current DOD Top Secret level security clearance with an original adjudication, or a periodic reinvestigation date, completed within the last 6 years in order to be considered
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special programs as a condition of continued employment
Security Training Opportunities
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Financial Markets by Yale University
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York
- Business Foundations by University of Pennsylvania
- The ideal candidate will have a Master’s Degree in Cyber Security, Information Security, or similar STEM related discipline, to include 10 years of ISSO/ISSM experience with RMF
- A current PMP certification
- Prior experience in a leadership or management role
- Diverse classified information systems security / information assurance background
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience communicating with both Program and Division senior leadership
- Active Top Secret with SAP/SAR access is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.