Cyber / IT Risk Examiner – Federal Reserve Bank of New York – NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Federal Reserve Bank of New YorkWorking at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
This position will offer workplace flexibility e.g. working remotely or on site as needed/ desired during the week. Employees can expect to be in the office weekly as needed for meetings and team collaboration and should live within a commutable distance. The Bank believes in work flexibility to balance the demands of work and life while also connecting and collaborating with our colleagues in person one or two days a week.
What We do:
The Cyber/IT Risk team in the Large Foreign Banking Organization (LFBO) within the FRBNY Supervision Function is responsible for the monitoring, examination, and risk assessment of financial institutions under our supervisory authority. The LFBO Risk team is one of five supervisory teams in the Function; its core mission is to identify and assess the effectiveness of supervised entities’ management of information technology, business resiliency, and risk management programs supporting a financial institutions’ operations and services.
Reporting to the Cyber/IT Risk Officer, your role as Cyber/IT Risk Examiner:
Implement the Department`s methodology for identifying material information related to Cyber Security, IT, Project Management, Vendor Risk Management, and Business Continuity and Resiliency risks within a firm or for a portfolio of firms. This includes evaluating the effectiveness of governance and controls for managing those risks and recommending supervisory actions as appropriate.
- Provide expertise in the areas of Cybersecurity, IT, Project Management, Vendor Risk Management, and Business Continuity and Resiliency risk management. Maintain and share current knowledge of latest technologies, threats and vulnerabilities and related risk management practices, controls, and tools. This should also include building perspective that contributes to the development of supervisory policy and expectations.
- Develop, or contribute to the development of, cross-firm analyses that provide insight into material and latest technology risks affecting supervised institutions and the financial system.
- Effectively communicate technology risk concerns/issues and related recommendations to senior management within FRBNY and across the Federal Reserve System (as needed) and at supervised institutions and influence the outcome of resulting decisions.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of IT training and awareness for supervisory staff.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or related field. Preferred certifications include Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), ITIL Service Manager Certification, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) required
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to build effective working relationships within a matrix management and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and management skills, and the ability to oversee a large and diverse examination team.
- Ability to evaluate Cyber/IT programs and controls to determine the effectiveness of an institutions’ ability to identify, protect, respond, and recover from business disruptions.
- Working knowledge of endpoint and server technologies, network management/architecture, change management, business continuity/disaster recovery programs, patch management systems, and cloud computing..
- Ability to recall and apply various policies and concepts and ensure compliance with banking laws and regulations.
- Ability to prepare speeches, conducts visual and verbal presentations of considerable duration, for large groups, with wide variety of audiences, and responds to questions from audience members.
- Working knowledge of financial industry and Cyber/IT management principles
Need Security Training? Certifications at Your Own Pace
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- And more which you can find here
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an exemption based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Full Time / Part Time
Full timeRegular / Temporary
RegularJob Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.