Company Name: IBM
New York City, NY, US
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Education
Promontory Financial Group, LLC, an IBM Company is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top law firms and leaders of financial regulators and global financial institutions, including positions such as general counsel or chief legal officer. Unlike many law and consulting firms, we focus upon a single core competency: mastery of U.S. and global financial regulation. In this arena, our professionals offer a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise, and we are generally engaged by the board or senior executives of leading financial institutions to assist with their most pressing, sensitive, and complex assignments.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
Work with financial services clients to assess their information security/cybersecurity and IT risk management programs against industry best practices and regulatory requirements
Assist financial services clients with transitions to cloud computing platforms and help build compliant cloud governance programs
Lead the development of concrete, actionable roadmaps for improving information security/cybersecurity and IT risk management programs and achieving strategic initiatives (e.g., cloud transformation)
Interface with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs and act as client’s point of contact for engagement delivery on a daily basis and manage small teams dedicated to client delivery
Ability to interact comfortably with Executive Management and Board Members of clients and regulatory authorities generally with a Managing Director
Travel as required to client sites in the United States and internationally. Time spent traveling ranges from 30-100 percent
Performs additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Experience working in information security, with a technical understanding of a range of enterprise IT architectures (e.g., web applications, databases, operating systems, server infrastructure, mobile devices, and networking technologies)
- Third-party risk experience, including vendor due diligence
- Working knowledge of information security controls, guidelines, and standards for financial institutions (e.g., NIST, FFIEC IT Examination handbooks)
- Working knowledge of fundamental cloud, security technologies and tooling, and secure software development lifecycle concepts
- Understanding of international privacy and data protection regulations, such as CCPA, HIPPA, and GDPR
- Superior writing and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead and manage day to day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams
- Strong reputation for integrity and ethics
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science or a related field
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC, CIPP/US or other security/privacy certifications preferred, but not required
- Professional with a minimum of 7-8 years of consulting, financial services industry or government regulatory agency with an information security role
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing project teams to address complex issues in high pressure situations
- Track record working in an unstructured environment where engagement leaders are expected to identify and develop innovative solutions to client challenge
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- MBA, JD or equivalent industry experience is preferred, but not required.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.