Cyber Security Analyst – Develop and evolve strategies to meet current objectives and position Capital One for what the future of cyber security holds
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
RELATED READ: Quick to Learn Online Jobs So You Can Work from Home
Cyber Strategy Analyst
At Capital One, we’re rethinking the way the world approaches banking by experimenting and innovating how we serve our 65 million customers. We are looking for experienced, pioneering thinkers who will craft the strategies that inspire and guide our cyber security organization.
We are drawn to action, inventive and self-motivated, and we’re passionate about security. We get excited when building solutions that protect our associates and our customers. It takes a big group of people with a broad range of skills to do that well, and we need to keep all those people aligned, connected, and passionate about our work. That’s where you come in – you will partner closely with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Sr. Director of Cyber Strategy, and senior leadership to develop and effectively communicate our overarching enterprise cyber strategies.
Cyber Strategy Analysts are big-picture strategic thinkers, who also work with close attention to the details. Cyber values an entrepreneurial attitude and fosters an environment for professional growth and career development. Strategy Analysts are excellent communicators, unafraid to ask the tough questions, challenge the status quo, and drive change.
READ: 20 Online Courses for a Successful Career in Cyber Security
- Develop and evolve strategies to meet current objectives and position Capital One for what the future of cyber security holds
- Construct and execute roadmaps for strategy implementation and communication
- Define annual and longer-term goals and accomplishments for the cyber organization
- Engineer contextualizations that convey progress toward our maturity and effectiveness goals
- Create dashboards, visualizations, and other reports to efficiently communicate data in support of strategic planning and senior leadership decision making
- Partner with our engagement and communications team for alignment on key messaging and strategy
- Provide consultative services to colleagues to align near-term deliverables with the strategic trajectory of enterprise cyber
- Research and stay abreast of current trends in cyber security, with a focus on maturity and effectiveness assessment, risk management, and administration
- Support reporting to the Capital One Board of Directors, government regulators, and other senior stakeholders
- Identify and address workforce planning and management issues, such as recruitment, retention, and training
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Skill in tracking and analyzing technical and legal trends that will impact cyber activities
- Ability to determine the validity of cyber trend data
- Understanding of cyber risk management frameworks and cyber assessment
- High attention to detail and quality on written analysis, presentations, and communications
- Ability to problem solve and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- A customer-centric perspective while also understanding higher-level business objectives
- The ability to tell a story in a compelling and digitally forward-thinking way
- A history of building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of:
- System and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Computer network defense and vulnerability assessment tools and their capabilities
- Relevant cyber laws, policies, procedures, and governance
- Industry indicators useful for identifying cyber trends
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 7 years of Strategy Consulting experience
- At least 5 years of experience with Cyber Risk Frameworks or Information Security Risk Frameworks
- 1+ year of experience managing direct reports
- 2+ years of experience in a financial institution
- 1+ year of experience creating data visualization dashboards
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Job Category – Information Technology, Engineering, Technology Explorers, Cyber, Technology Explorers