Cyber Security Analyst, with Polygraph – General Dynamics Information Technology – McLean, VA
About the job
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Cyber Security Analyst joining our team to support Government activities in Mclean, VA.
Responsibilities for this position will focus on, but not be limited to
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Cyber Security Analyst supporting the customer, you will be trusted to investigate foreign adversary technical attacks against USG critical infrastructure. This is an Expert level requirement to conduct in-depth reviews of critical infrastructure nodes, so that risks/threats are identified and properly mitigated.
- Collating data from multiple sources, to include anomalies identified by field and data scientists
- Vulnerabilities identified by facility and security officers; and foreign adversary activity identified by analysts and targeters
- Filling Intelligence gaps of foreign adversary identifiers and activity using targeting methodologies
- Working closely with agency partners to identify current threats and collect additional information regarding the threats identified
- Conducting in-depth reviews of critical infrastructure nodes
- Identifying risks to USG critical infrastructure
- Planning and developing mitigation strategies which neutralize or disrupt the risk so that the critical infrastructure is not adversely affected
- Maintaining and extending relationships across the agency so that mission performance is enhanced
- An understanding of the counter-intelligence (CI) mission
- Ability to provide in-depth holistic analysis of a technical threat to critical infrastructure by leveraging various data sources. An understanding of current infrastructure, business processes, policy, and foreign adversary capabilities is key to producing accurate risk assessments
- Strong analytic, writing, and briefing skills; a demonstrated ability to distill information into documented and sourced products, communicate complex technical topics to a non-technical audience, and distill complex issues into succinct problems, impact, and recommended solutions
- Background or expertise in at least two of the following topics: General security, cyber security, information technology, facility management, building utilities, insider threats, hard target foreign intelligence services, or offensive technical operations
- Demonstrated experience in counterintelligence, analysis, targeting or investigations
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience collaborating with multiple teams to accomplish mission objectives
- A self-starter with an investigative mindset who can multi-task, think outside the box, and is detail oriented
- A demonstrated ability to learn new and technically complex topics quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering, business, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- Minimum of 10 years related experience or relevant combination of education and experience
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Increase your skills Get Cyber Security Training Online
Prior experience supporting the CI mission
- Overseas work experience, or experience with the DO or Field Stations
- Working with technical and operational personnel to have a working knowledge of overseas threat environments
- Knowledge of the agency cable system and core databases
- Working knowledge of Splunk and Tanium
- Hard target (preferably Russian) language skills
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with collaboration and outreach across multiple customer environments, e.g., IT, Cyber, Security, Operational, Counterintelligence
What Gdit Can Offer You
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans.
Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools.
Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure.
Responds to queries and requests for computer security information and reports.
Conducts investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management.
Researches, evaluates, tests, recommends, communicates and implements new security software or devices.
Implements, enforces, communicates and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, and telecommunications.
Develops materials for computer security education/awareness programs.
Provides recommendations to clients on information assurance engineering standards, implementation dependencies, and changing information assurance related technologies.
Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
Provides advanced guidance and leadership to less-experienced team members.
May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
Provides information assurance project management, technical security staff oversight, and development of mission-critical technical documents.
Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 10+ years of experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours
T Elecommuting Options
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA McLean
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.