Cyber Security Architect I (Remote) – BankUnited – Miami, FL Remote
SUMMARY: The Junior Cyber Security Architect position will bring practical knowledge, technical depth and virtual/cloud computing and networking support to the business and firmly focused on maintain awareness of evolving technology and how it can utilized to scale our platforms, as well as, be utilized to extend our feature set or easily adopt new services. This position will work closely with product owners bringing innovation and research into product evolution discussions. The qualified individual should be able to work both in a cooperative team environment as well as individually to create and support physical and virtual/cloud environments for network, application and Data Center applications and engineer secure solutions for them. Ability to provide support for customer facing engagements and Tier4 functionality within both a development lab and production environment(s) is also expected. A strong degree of creative, “out of box” thinking, flexibility to expand oneself outside of the job description, attention to detail and self-motivation are required. The candidate must also possess strong communication skills to broker inter-department engagements and leadership ability to accomplish company-wide objectives. Additionally, ability to define and document complex designs and architecture standards is mandatory.
READ Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Design, build and integrate dynamic Cyber defense, coordinate and maintain security toolsets to support organizations’ continuous monitoring and ongoing authorization programs, establish a framework by which cyber risk can be measured and quantified in the marketplace.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and integration of a DoD IA architectures, systems, or system components for use within computing, network, and enclave environments.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of development and operational systems are functional and secure.
- Design and develop security architectures for Cloud and Cloud hybrid-based systems
- Design and implement Cloud-Native architectures that will allow business requirement to be met with minimal degree of risk to the organization
- Promote a DevSecOps culture within the organization
- Guide in designing Security Services for Redhat OpenShift and other DevOps pipeline products
- Evaluate and recommend security technologies for use throughout the organization
- Establish technical and administrative standards through development of policy, procedure and best practices
- Embrace Infrastructure-as-Code, and use Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipelines to run the full cloud service lifecycle from release of cloud service offerings into production through the retirement thereof
- Develop strategies to address evolving technology security needs and issues and guide teams towards a secure infrastructure that meets legal, regulatory and client compliance requirements, as well as service and operational level agreements
- Work closely with network, security and application engineers to collaborate on secure solutions
- Ensure all security solutions, architecture design and analysis work is documented in a structured fashion
- Work closely with peers in Security Operations and Security Compliance to ensure security reviews regarding information security technologies provide feasible requirements and are consistent with contracts and regulations
- Monitor information security news and keep abreast of events, research and developments
- Assist senior management in defining overall information security strategy
- Design in-house solutions for maintaining security posture
- Proactively remain abreast of related evaluating technology trends and requirements such as emerging standards for new technology opportunities
- May mentor and/or train operational staff and contractors on security tools, processes and procedures.
- This include designs for program of record systems and special purpose processing nodes with platform IT interconnectivity.
READ CISSP Certification Comparable to Master’s Degree
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Master’s/PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent is desirable but not a requisite
- At least 2 years working in Information Security Engineering in a technical role
- Excellent cross functional leadership and teamwork skills
- 5 years of security engineering and architectural experience
- 5 years of experience in auditing
- 5 years of application security experience
- 5 years of experience and involvement with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services (development, QA testing, or security role)
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (eg, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CISSP, CCSP CEH, SSCP, Security+, Certificate in Cyber Security, or related certifications strongly preferred.