Cyber Security – Data Protection – Manager Multiple Positions – Ernst & Young U.S. LLP, Los Angeles, CA
Note: We are reader supported and may earn a small commission when you click on links in posts
Lead teams to assist clients with defining technical and business requirements for data protection solutions. Help design and implement data protection governance, processes, and technology to identify and protect the data that is most impactful to the business from a financial, operational, regulatory or reputational perspective. Deliver new systems and improvements to existing systems customized to meet the clients’ data protection needs. Devise methods to add new functionality to the existing technologies to address new threats and tactics. Produce new playbooks as threats change and new data protection tools and controls emerge and train the clients’ end users. Participate in client meetings to advise clients on multiple data protection products and solutions including enterprise data loss prevention, data classification, digital rights management, cloud data loss prevention/cloud access security brokers, tokenization, file, and database encryption.
Manage and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Cultivate business development opportunities.
Full time employment, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 830 am – 530 pm
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Technology Management, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or related, and 5 years of progressive post-bachelor’s experience; or a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Technology Management, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or related, and 4 years of experience.
Must have 4 years of experience in the following
- Information security concepts and methods, including vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance;
- Networking (TCP/IP or OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, or mainframe), security technologies (firewalls or IDS/IPS) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, or Shell);
- Technical architecture experience integrating data protection software into clients’ infrastructure; network architecture design, implementation and administration;
- Operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, and relational database management systems.
Must have 4 years of experience in one of the following regulatory requirements and/or compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
Need Security Training? Certifications at Your Own Pace
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Must have 4 years of experience in 3 of the following areas
- Data leakage/content monitoring and filtering;
- Secure messaging/email encryption;
- Mobile device security;
- Disk, file, device, and database encryption;
- Key management/Public Key Infrastructure (PKI);
- Data classification and privacy policies;
- Digital Rights Management (DRM);
- Logging, monitoring, and security event management; and/or
- Secure information storage.
- Must have 3 years of technical architecture experience integrating data protection software into clients’ infrastructure and applications.
- Must have 2 years of experience leading teams of Cyber Security advisory/consulting professionals
- Must be eligible to obtain a professional certification such as CIPP, CIPT, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, PMP or other related certification within one year of hire.
- Travel required to meet client needs up to 80%, of which 10% may be international.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
TO APPLY Please apply on-line at ey.com/en_us/careers, and click on “Find jobs” (Job Number – LOS004FV).
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
This particular position at Ernst & Young in the United States requires the qualified candidate to be a “United States worker” as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor regulations at 20 CFR 656.3. You can review this definition at https//www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2011-title20-vol3/pdf/CFR-2011-title20-vol3-sec656-3.pdf at the bottom of page 750. Please feel free to apply to other positions that do not require you to be a “U.S. worker”.