IT security industry specialists
The IT Security Industry Specialist (SIS) job is an hourly paid position which can be either a full-time or part-time position. The job duties can range from entry level to management. IT security industry specialists provide cyber security IT services to corporate entities, major brands, and governmental agencies. The IT SIS organizes and implements IT and cyber security training programs. The security industry specialist trouble shoots IT problems and then identifies solutions and corrects problems. IT security industry specialists perform testing on network or systems, as required by IT architects. They also recommend network and systems hardware.
The IT Security Industry Specialist works with more experienced technology specialists to understand the business rationale and end user needs. An SIS defines technical solutions and provides support for all infrastructure issues related to the IT network. The SIS job candidate also demonstrates a high degree of initiative with minimum supervision.
What are IT SIS job requirements?
- Good working knowledge of computers and networks
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, IP Security protocols (IPSec, SSL, TLS…)
- Knowledge and proved experience with VMware, Linux and Windows systems
- Must have a thorough knowledge of computer programs
- Requires a high degree of organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Telecommunications field is helpful but not required
What does an IT security industry specialist (SIS) do?
- Prepares contingency plans for system glitches, breakdowns, trial runs and innovation
- Publishes user manuals that promote proper system use
- Works with external consultants and/or vendors to estimate costs or changes in the IT system
- Communicates with all user groups
- Informs stakeholders of decisions and the timetable for implementation