Cyber Security Learning Architect – CDW – New York, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Focal Point Data Risk delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything needed to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
The Cyber Security Learning Architect will work with the curriculum team and the Director of Cyber Programs to create engaging learning activities and compelling course content. They will employ instructional design principles and models to ensure that curriculum is built and updated in accordance with well-defined learning objectives and that assessments accurately test the relevant knowledge, skills and abilities. Through their work, the Cyber Security Learning Architect will empower students to develop and validate their cyber skills creating immediate job and career opportunities.
READ Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
Essential Functions | Responsibilities:
- Serve as a technical Subject Matter Expert representing Academy in Program Definitions and Job Task Analysis workshops to define blueprints for courses. Labs, range exercises and exams.
- Interface with larger Focal Point and CDW team to consult on the development and roll out job training and enablement offerings.
- Leverage technical expertise across multiple technologies, including Identity and Access Management, Network and Host Forensics and Investigation, Cloud, Security Operations (Red/Blue/Purple Teams), and Incident Response.
- Specify, design, document, publicize, assure quality, and create: customized learning paths, enablement, and resources across all aspects of the Academy portfolio to reach specialized audiences.
- Improve the experience, quality, and ongoing creation of technical content.
- Works closely with customers, partners and SMEs to translate technical outcomes, skills and abilities into curriculum and assessment specifications.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and the ability to drive innovation.
- Evaluates projects to assess effectiveness and impact.
- Leads pilots and train-the-trainer sessions and incorporates feedback.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
- 3-5 years’ experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- 3-5 years’ technical experience in two or more of the following: Identity and Access Management, Network and Host Forensics and Investigation, Cloud, Security Operations (Red/Blue/Purple Teams), and Incident Response
- Proven e-learning design and development experience including emerging learning solutions such as game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements
- Communication Skills: Excellent use of visual, oral and written communication skills.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Ability to work with all levels of internal and external clients, from clerks to CEO.
- Detailed Oriented: Strong attention to deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- Accuracy: Ability to deliver projects and all deliverables with accuracy and ability to supervise and lead staff toward error-free and accurate data.
- Multi-tasking: Capable of managing several tasks, projects and client deliverables effectively, efficiently and on time, with accuracy to details and tasks
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communications skills, and the ability to design and implement change.
- BS or MA degree in a technical field or 6+ years of equivalent experience.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic web development knowledge
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual and layout design skills (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, and audio/video scripts
Travel Required: Occasional Travel May Be Required