CNBC Company – New York City, NY, US
As a Cybersecurity Platform Engineer for WebApp Security you’ll be responsible for scaling, operating, and improving the WAF operations and fraud technologies that protect some of the world’s best-known brands and websites. We are looking for an individual with a diverse set of skills around web application development, application security design, and WAF technologies. You’ll be joining NBCUniversal Cybersecurity at an exciting time where we transition to more proactive defenses and keeping our web properties safe is a huge part of that.
- Support and enable the secure delivery of NBCUniversal websites and applications to other businesses and consumers
- Deliver consistent functionality and availability of our global Web Application Firewall, fraud defense, and DDOS-protection operations
- Provide excellent support and service to business customers/website operators and the incident response team – help share knowledge, and assist in supporting and tuning WAF and other web security tools’ configurations based on observed security patterns
- Establish and follow consistent processes to ensure health and stability of web security platforms and build monitoring to proactively identify potential issues
- Configure and enable new sites / applications for WAF protections – including integration, synthesis, and analysis of static and dynamic vulnerability scan information
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed documentation and diagrams, while also collaborating with other team members on standard processes and technology roadmaps.
- Learning new toolsets and helping with endpoint, logging and network security operations
- Identify areas for automation, configuration management, containerization, and secrets management with a DevOps agile approach
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours, and be available to perform maintenance and critical operations as needed
- This position will require occasional business travel
Job Number: 56527BR
Posting Category: Technology – Engineering
Country: United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
State/Province: New York
Career Level: Experienced
Familiarity with web and application server platforms (eg. Apache, nginx, IIS, Tomcat, Websphere, etc.)
Understanding of web application security – comfort digesting application vulnerabilities (such as SQLi, XSS, authentication bypass, etc.) and crafting mitigations
Sense of risk tradeoffs, and balancing potential business impact with security protections
Fluence in web transactions – ability to piece together a connection based on logs or pcap
Comfort and experience with network and web application troubleshooting
Strong sense of urgency and commitment – able to meet deadlines and ensure work matches defined objectives
Experience with enterprise security tools (Crowdstrike, Splunk, ProofPoint, etc.) a plus.
Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.