Cybersecurity Specialist Job – 21395
Mattson Resources Rosemead, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a Cyber Security Specialist, you will be responsible for conducting digital forensics and incident response to prevent and remediate malicious attacks against the computing environment. You will utilize your expertise in Critical Infrastructure Protection and Communications standards, in-depth analysis of high-level technical risk and the associated Cyber-security management controls. Additionally, the work performed by this position applies a strong knowledge of risk management, risk identification and recommendations for remediation, internal control architecture, regulatory and legal requirements; as well as experience in developing Indicators of Compromise and detection signatures, effectively working with team members, developing leading-edge automated controls monitoring solutions, reporting status, and recommending control improvements to Senior Management. You will collaborate with various organizations to keep their computer information systems secure. Using a multi-layered approach, you will use your specialized expertise and up-to-date knowledge to help protect against Web threats that facilitate cybercrime, including malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, information warfare, and hacking.
Cybersecurity Specialist Responsibilities
- Create, maintain, and socialize both group-specific and enterprise cyber-security policies and standards.
- Provide deep technical cyber-security domain expertise with respect to information security, risks, and controls.
- Work closely with key business partners (Legal, Supply Chain, HR, etc.) to ensure information security requirements and guidelines are properly represented and established across all departments and all 3rd party business partners.
- Develop and execute governance and oversight processes that ensure cyber-security policies, standards and guidelines are consistently practiced across the enterprise.
- Prepare and deliver executive-level communications representing risks, policy/standards exceptions, and controls recommendations both within IT and across all OUs.
- Performs security and data log analysis to capture the information needed to investigate and research events of interest for incident response.
- Performs Forensic Analysis on the network and endpoint devices.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and growth of the SOC (Security Operation Center), Incident Response tools/technologies, processes and procedures.
Qualifications you need…
- 3 years of technical experience with at least 2 years of experience in the field of cyber-security.
- The ability to get a national security clearance.
- TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor Degree in a specialized field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience with integrating NIST 800-82 control systems standards into existing Cyber-security standards.
- Possess one or more of the following Information Security certifications: CISSP, GSEC, CRISC, GREM, GNFA, CCNA, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or GSEC.
Relocation may apply to this position. This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position – Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.