Cyber Security Sr. Associate/Vice President – ATL, DE, or Remote – Cloud+
BlackRock – Wilmington, DE Remote
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
BlackRock (NYSE: BLK) provides investment management, risk management, operations, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world! BlackRock seeks to better serve clients by anticipating and responding to changes and advancements in the investment industry and capital markets, and continually seeks to broaden and deepen its investment and risk management capabilities. Our dedication to analytical and investment perfection is anchored in a culture that places clients’ interests first. We exclusively act as a fiduciary to our clients, never trading as a principal or on our own behalf.
Today, BlackRock serves institutional, retail, and high net worth investors in more than 100 countries! Through the efforts of over 12,000 professionals in 30 countries, we demonstrate our global expertise and scale to serve our clients.
Key Job Responsibilities
More specifically, the Vice President role will support the global Cyber Cloud Monitoring function and have following key responsibilities
Working as a member of Information Security, the Cyber Cloud Monitoring Vice President is part of the distributed team that is responsible for providing 24/7 real-time monitoring of the firm’s Cloud security posture within Azure, AWS, and CGP. This team is also responsible for incident identification, documentation, remediation and tracking for all cloud services.
- Perform investigation and escalation for sophisticated or high severity security threats or incidents within Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Ensures that all identified events are promptly validated and thoroughly investigated
- Collaborates with technical teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate events for BlackRock’s cloud services.
- Assists with containment of threats and remediation of environment during or after an incident ensuring the firms cloud presence is protected.
- Work with SIEM Engineering and other security partners developing and refining correlation rules that streamline our cloud incident response process.
- Coordinate and configure security tools to alert on certain risk conditions within the supported cloud environments.
- Assist with cloud-based forensics investigations involving Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Participate in the creation, modification and maintenance of all cloud monitoring policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of cyber security trends and the emerging threat landscape in general and as it relates to BlackRock
- Deliver timely and detailed documentation related to any incident including the findings, review and follow-up activities
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 – 6 years of experience in security operations canter, technical helpdesk, security operations, network administration, system administration are preferred
- University Degree. MBA, CISSP, CISM, GCHI, CEH, CCNA, or GIAC are preferred
- Willing to take action attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Intermediate knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Intermediate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network Layers, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of malware operation and indicators
- Intermediate knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud-based security related technologies and their functions.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows and Unix or Linux
- Intermediate knowledge of Firewall and Proxy technology
- Intermediate knowledge of malware operation and indicators
- Intermediate knowledge of penetration techniques
- Advanced event analysis demonstrating SIEM tools
- Advanced incident investigation and response skill set
- Advanced log parsing and analysis skill set
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure Sentinel
- Intermediate knowledge of AWS CloudTrail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with scripting
- Knowledge of forensic techniques
- Knowledge of cloud security tools
Other Personal Characteristics
- Integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Rapidly assimilates complex data and information and displays a developed learning agility
- Self-starter with the personal drive to achieve outstanding performance
- Courage of convictions and the ability to patiently debate the status quo
- Natural curiosity and desire to always learn
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities, and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.