Cyber Security – Team Lead – M&T Bank Buffalo, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
About M&T SOC
This position has the ability to sit in Buffalo, NY or Millsboro, DE. Remote work is not available.
The Cybersecurity Operations division serves as the focal point for the execution of M&T Bank’s 24x7x365 protection and defense. As the First Line of Defense, this team supports the mission of identifying, analyzing, remediating, and mitigating all identified and potential Cybersecurity risks.
About The SOC Team Lead
The Cybersecurity Operations Team Lead will provide leadership in support of the Cybersecurity Operations Center. They will take a lead role in response to Cyber security incidents. They will engage with people across the business that require Cyber security related support and follow up with inquiries where necessary. They will identify and communicate Cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, risks, emerging trends, and mitigation strategies in alignment with the organization’s risk appetite. They will report on Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for areas of responsibility and identify appropriate remediation efforts when required.
- Supervise the day to day operations in the Cybersecurity Operations Center.
- Contribute towards the preparation, creation, distribution, and maintenance of plans, instructions, guidance, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) concerning the security of Cybersecurity Operations.
- Provide leadership and direction that cybersecurity awareness, basics, literacy, and training are provided to operations personnel commensurate with their responsibilities within the team.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend protective or corrective measures when a cybersecurity incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Need Security Training? Certifications at Your Own Pace
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Education and Experience Required:
- Associates degree or higher in Computer Science or Information Assurance and a minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ work leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Understanding of Cybersecurity operational processes, Cybersecurity threats, vulnerabilities, emerging trends, and regulatory and operational impacts
- Capable of managing stakeholder relationships, including determining needs, requirements, and resources, and managing stakeholder expectations while committing to delivering quality results
- Capable of communicating complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident, accurate, and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual media
- Experience adjusting to and operating in a diverse, challenging, and unpredictable fast-paced work environment
- Experience coordinating, collaborating, and disseminating information to subordinate, peer, and leadership teams, departments, and organizations
- Experience advising and providing assistance to operations in response to dynamic situations
- Ability to oversee and coordinate with a Cybersecurity team of analysts, including the training and development of staff
- Experience translating functional organizational and department requirements into logical and technical Cybersecurity solutions
- Experience managing operations following organizationally-specific guidelines and documents
- Understanding and knowledge of processes for reviewing, verifying, and revising Cybersecurity and operational documentation reflecting the application or system security design features
- Understanding of Cybersecurity strategy and plan development
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor degree in an applicable discipline
- Prior Experience leading a team of SOC Analyst
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated job progression and relevant work experience in two (2) or more of the following Cybersecurity domains: Security and Risk Management, Asset Security, Security Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Testing and Security Operations
We support our team members with generous benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, welfare, and retirement benefits
- 401(k) match at 5%
- Work-life balance and flexible work arrangements
- Banking Officers start with 25 days PTO plus 12 paid holidays
- 40 hours paid volunteer hours per year
- Much more. For details, see: M&T Benefits Overview
#SOC #Cybersecurity #Leadership #Security #securityoperationscenter
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States of America