Company Name: Edward Jones Company
Company Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
What Threat and Vulnerability Management (TVM) Does…
TVM plays a vital role in ensuring protection of client data and the Firm’s sensitive information as it is responsible for computer intrusion network monitoring, vulnerability management, incident response, and insider threat detection. The team also coordinates assessments and vulnerability testing, security tools configuration and management and provides thought leadership for department security projects as well as broader firm efforts
What You’ll Do…
Our Cybersecurity Analyst will be responsible for working with vendors to perform maintenance and support of multiple security systems including SIEM, EDR, Case Management and others which are core to the TVM function. Expectations are that this individual will develop and hone their cybersecurity skills and knowledge through this work as well as process creation and documentation. With increased development opportunities to expand responsibilities toward managing cyber assessments, incident response and threat hunting to include assessment of CVE impact and analysis as part of vulnerability management.
- Plan and maintain currency of security systems leveraged by TVM to ensure environment supports protection of client data and the Firm’s sensitive information.
- Establish and maintain appropriate enterprise security policies, standards, recommended practices, procedures and controls.
- Design and review moderate to high complexity security processes and controls to assist management in the protection of Information System resources and associated assets against accidental or unauthorized access, modification, destruction or disclosure.
- Ensure compliance to published Information Security policies and standards.
- Identify threats posed to Edward Jones information systems and clients and facilitate remediation of these threats or vulnerabilities.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relationships across departments, business areas and vendors.
- Perform liaison at outside conferences, events and companies.
- Provide security services that align with business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure monitoring is appropriate and effective for detecting and reporting of key security events.
- Actively participate in security-related continuing education.
- Provide security input into medium to high complexity development efforts that may impact security.
What You’ll Need
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Cybersecurity Management or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Information Systems Security or IT Audit experience or 5 years of Information Technology experience with a focus on security controls and processes.
- Certification preferred (CISSP, CISM, CISA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed in order to communicate security requirements and direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills are needed to prioritize tasks.
- The ability to present complex technical security issues in a non-technical manner.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of security issues, risks, concepts and terminology.
- Proficiency in understanding security aspects of computer platforms and technologies (e.g., Linux, UNIX, MVS, Windows, Web, LDAP, DBMS, Network, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Authentication).
- Ability to facilitate security efforts (e.g., investigation, risk assessment, or system enhancement).
- Working knowledge of applicable programming and scripting languages that support security processes.
- Proficient with common security products and tools, and capable of researching new solutions.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Financial Markets by Yale University
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York
- Business Foundations by University of Pennsylvania
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Awards and Accolades
- FORTUNE 2020 – Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index – Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine’s 2020 Training Top 125 list – the highest-ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm’s 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.