Cybersecurity Architect -Microsoft New York, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Architects within the Microsoft Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (CoE) partner with our account teams and are responsible for making the Microsoft security story real for CISOs; spanning cloud and on-premises, Azure and Microsoft 365 and clearly showing how our Industry Solutions can accelerate time to value and de-risk security transformation.
Demonstrating deep knowledge of the security, identity, and compliance solution offerings across the entire lifecycle, together with a critical focus on value proposition, coaching, and mentoring, the Cybersecurity CoE Architect drives transformational results and builds scalable capabilities for Industry Solutions and our customer
About This Role
The Cybersecurity CoE Architect works closely with Chief Information Security Officers in Enterprise customers to apply Microsoft Security solutions to mitigate risks and support their business through digital transformation. These security and identity discussions lead to:
- Sales opportunities (pipeline development) for Industry Solutions sellers
- Shadowing and coaching which grow architects in business development
- Identifying patterns which can be used to improve effectiveness
Help customers secure their IT services
- Envision security strategies which help customers achieve their business goals by leveraging security Microsoft technologies
- Shape multi-year programs of professional services work which implement security solutions in support of the strategy
- Plan, prioritize and execute security and identity business development to measurably accelerate professional services opportunities
- Ensure professional services engagements are structured for successful delivery
- Increase average size of security/identity/compliance professional services engagements
- Proactively identify pre-sales patterns and share with stakeholders to aid in decision-making and accelerate time to value for our customers
- Capture reusable pre-sales Intellectual Property (IP) and proactively share with sellers, architects and professional services portfolio team
- Provide feedback on pre-sales motions, IP and capabilities to drive increased effectiveness
Be an Industry Solutions Role Model
- Strong leadership of Technical teams, driving high performance and collaboration between all parts of the industry solutions organization
- Coach to grow pre-sales capabilities in security architects via deal sponsorship
Technology Delivery Management
- Drive Pre-Sales Excellence, ensure technical requirements map to solution scope and value proposition
- Drive Quality outcomes by identifying delivery risks early in the pursuit and have mitigation plans in place ready for warm handoff
- 10+ Years of Security Architecture experience in a professional services organization
- Proven success and expertise in professional services pre-sales; mapping business problems to technology solutions with clearly defined value propositions
- Deep security, identity & compliance product and cloud service knowledge (Microsoft or competitor), ideally with experience in multiple sectors and industries
- CISSP certified
- Microsoft AZ-500 and MS-500 certifications
- 8+ Years of technical related industry experience
- Track record in delivery of quality solutions as a technical leader
- Experience, passion and motivation in developing others, coaching and mentoring through on the job deliveries.
- Ability and passion to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Execute recognized Architectural methods, processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent).
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $157,300 and $236,300. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.