Job #: 20-01655
Position Type: Contract
Location: New York, NY
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Cybersecurity Architecture & Support for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our premier utility services clients in New York, NY.
- Support, improve, and manage existing information security systems such as:
- Security information event manager (SIEM)
- User behavior analytics platform (UEBA)
- Security orchestration and automation tool (SOAR)
- STIX and TAXII information sharing platform
- Database application firewall system (DAF)
- Data loss prevention platform (DLP)
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS & IPS)
- Endpoint security management platform
- Anti-virus and malware protection
- NetFlow systems
- Support use of information security systems by other teams to assist with analyses of networks, systems, and malware.
- Be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required. This would include responding to alerts from systems that may impact the ability to monitor the security of the network
- Lead and evaluate proposals of new systems and capabilities to further improve the security of the network.
- Manage and assist in projects implementing new cyber security tools or new features
- Write and update documentation to support implementations of new features or cyber security tools
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Minimum of 2 years of Information or Cyber Security experience
- Strong understanding and implementation of cyber security best practices and hygiene with any work being completed is required
- Prior knowledge and experience of using and managing security tools both on premise or in the cloud is required
- Prior knowledge and experience of securing cloud environments with an understanding of cloud security infrastructure and cloud security principles is recommended
- Previous Computer Incident Response Team(CIRT)/Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC), and incident management experience is recommended
- Strong knowledge of network protocols and architecture is preferred
- Prior experience with scripting and querying (SQL, PowerShell, Python) is preferred. This would include leveraging a security orchestration and automation platform to automate existing processes
- Understanding of Syslog and API’s to gather data into SIEM systems is preferred
- Prior experience leveraging endpoint security platforms to help solve for new cyber security concerns is preferred
SGA is a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply.
To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com.