Cybersecurity Command Center Consultant -IBM New York, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills and non-technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest-growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Cybersecurity Command Center Consulting position is for an experienced security professional with demonstrated consulting experience who is able to deliver strategic security advisory services and conduct comprehensive information security training in a simulated environment (both virtual and physical) for client executives including C-suite levels, Board of Directors.
Preferred locations: Boston, MA, New York City or Chicago, IL
In this role, you as a Cybersecurity Command Center Consultant will be expected to:
- Build and expand the Command Center/Cyber Range Services.
- Work with customer and customer teams to develop solutions leveraging Command Center capabilities.
- Act as lead facilitator for highly customized Command Center events. Oversees development of highly customized exercise programs.
- Continuously innovate to drive new content and modules into existing Command Center exercises consistent with IBM Security Strategy.
- Work with creative lead to create new offerings, update standard offerings
- Host regularly scheduled design thinking sessions to co-create development roadmap with appropriate stakeholders.
- Drive development of skills across all geographies through training, shadowing etc.
- Collaboratively involve and seek participation from appropriate teams
- Be effective at initiating and developing customer relationships
- Be a self-starter with the ability to effectively lead
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience in information security consulting (professional services consulting for end clients)
- At least 3 years of experience in interfacing at multiple levels of client management and building relationships
- At least 2 years of experience in managing complex projects and using project management skills
- Basic knowledge in security industry regulations/standards (PCI DSS, HIPAA) and compliance frameworks (Mitre Att&ck, VERIS, NIST, ISO 27002, CobiT)
- Have ability to present information to both technical and business leaders
- Have ability to communicate and effectively problem solve at all levels
- Be comfortable multitasking, remain calm under pressure, be self-driven, have initiative to drive progress and look for opportunities for improvement
- Readiness to travel 75% annually, depending on client requirements.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in information security consulting (professional services consulting for end clients)
- At least 5 years of experience in managing complex projects and using project management skills
- At least 2 years of experience in cybersecurity awareness and training as well as command center/cyber range services
- Certified in at least 1 of the following: PMP, CISSP, CISA and/or CISM
- Recognizing and categorizing types of cyber security threats and vulnerabilities and applying the appropriate risk
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
Need Security Training? Certifications at Your Own Pace
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.