BXTI – Cybersecurity, Portfolio Cybersecurity Advisor, VP – Blackstone – New York, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $684 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt, and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone .
Blackstone Technology & Innovations
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Portfolio Cybersecurity Advisor
The Portfolio Cybersecurity Advisor is an exciting opportunity to work at the intersection of cybersecurity and business. This role is designed to operate and continue to build a program that measures and advises on the security posture of Blackstone’s global portfolio of companies.
As a senior member of the team, you will own relationships with business unit leaders and company executives in order to drive cyber improvements throughout their portfolio of companies. As a trusted advisor you will lead crisis response efforts, cyber due diligence, and share knowledge about our portfolio program and its methodology. Our work is a mix of hands-on program operations and advisory responsibilities that requires exceptional communication skills in order to interact with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Use our methodology to drive measurable cyber improvements across sections of the portfolio
- Counsel and share knowledge about our methodology with senior executives and peers
- Lead through crisis situations with the ability to interface with technical/non-tech stakeholders
- Assess and articulate cybersecurity risk as part of investment due diligence
- Assess, interview, and advise companies across all industries about cybersecurity practices
- Perform briefings about cybersecurity best practices to company leadership and technical teams
- Interface with 3rd parties to drive ongoing cybersecurity initiatives across the portfolio
- Use business intelligence tools to create reporting and maintain metrics using collected data
- Own and drive select program functions and collaborate with teammates as assigned
Get Cyber Security Training
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity, or related technology field. M.S. a plus.
- Have a minimum 5 years of experience in a mix of hands-on and advisory/leadership cyber role
- Have broad subject-matter experience and able to field discussions across the spectrum of cybersecurity whether technical or strategic
- Demonstrated success executing across multiple initiatives, exceptional time management skills and comfort navigating uncertainty
- An ability and natural desire to work as a player-coach with clients and junior team members
- Previous experience with Incident Response in either a technical, consultative, or leadership capacity
- Possess prior consultative/internal experience with senior technical and non-technical executives
- An ability to manipulate data with business intelligence tools (SQL and Tableau).
- Possess a strong understanding of data modeling, scripting/coding experience a plus.
- A proven self-starter, ability to prioritize work, propose and implement improvements
- A highly effective communicator both verbally and in writing
- Have strong time management skills and entrepreneurial attitude
- Have a desire to work in a small team in a hands-on way
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered “prefer not to say“). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.