Cybersecurity – Penetration Testing, Manager – PwC
Job Category: Cybersecurity and Privacy
Line of Service: Advisory
Specialty/Competency: Cybersecurity & Privacy
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
Location(s): NY-New York, VA-Arlington, GA-Atlanta, MN-Minneapolis, CO-Denver, MA-Boston, TX-Dallas, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, WA-Seattle, VA-McLean
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: Up to 60%
Job ID: 130865WD
A career in our Threat, Intelligence and Vulnerability Management practice, within Cybersecurity and Privacy services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients implement an effective cybersecurity programme that protects against threats, propels transformation, and drives growth. As companies pivot toward a digital business model, exponentially more data is generated and shared among organisations, partners and customers. You’ll play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they are protected by developing transformation strategies focused on security, efficiently integrate and manage new or existing technology systems to deliver continuous operational improvements and increase their cybersecurity investment, and detect, respond, and remediate threats. Our team helps organisations to rapidly and effectively respond to threats against potential security incidents by helping to detect, respond to, investigate, and remediate threats across the incident management life cycle.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Information Technology, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Information CyberSecurity
Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), Certified as GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT).
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Security testing tools, such as BurpSuite, Mimikatz, Cobalt Strike, PowerSploit, Metasploit, Nessus, HP Web Inspect, or other tools included within the Kali Linux distribution
- Networking protocols, TCP/IP stack, systems architecture, and operating systems
- Well-known Cybersecurity frameworks and industry-leading practices such as OWASP, NIST CSF, PCI DSS, and NY-DFS
- Traditional security operations, event monitoring, and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Performing penetration testing activities within a client’s environment, emphasizing manual stealthy testing techniques
- Presenting technical topics at conferences highlighting aspects of adversary attack simulations, technical attack techniques, risk management, custom malware design, or zero day attacks
- Leading and executing stealthy penetration testing, advanced red team, or adversary simulation engagements using commercially / freely available offensive security tools and utilities built into operating systems
- Understanding Windows and Linux operating system setup, management, and power usage, e.g., cmd, bash, network troubleshooting, virtual machines
- Identifying security critical vulnerabilities without utilizing a vulnerability scanning tool, i.e., knowledge of exploitable vulnerabilities and ability to execute stealthy penetration testing engagements
- Compromising Active Directory environments and demonstrating business impact by identifying and obtaining access to business critical assets/information
- Performing social engineering / phishing activities such as reconnaissance of targets, developing phishing campaigns (e.g., emails and websites), web hosting administrator, developing malicious phishing payloads, or pivoting through phished systems
- Performing and supervising various workstreams of client engagements that emphasize identifying and addressing client needs
- Participating actively in client discussions and meetings and communicating a broad range of potential add-on services based on identified weaknesses
- Managing engagements with junior staff
- Preparing concise and accurate documents, leveraging and utilizing MS Office and Google Docs to complete related project deliverables, as necessary
- Balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues
to Strengthen Your Skills for a Career in Cyber Security? Try These Programs:
- Palo Alto Networks Academy Cybersecurity Foundation
- Cybersecurity Roles, Processes and Operating System Security
- Network Security and Database Vulnerabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
APPLY on PWC.COM