Director-Cyber Security Architecture (US Remote OK) – Splunk – NY, NY Remote
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
The Director- Cyber Security Architecture will lead a group of architects to ensure Splunk enterprise systems are developed and deployed securely. The role works with the Senior Director in charge of Security Architecture and Engineering. The successful candidate will grow and lead the Security Architecture function to deliver high-impact services rooted in leading industry practices, scalable tactics, strong business partnerships, and knowledge of the threat landscape.
- Evolve the overall enterprise security architecture strategy in collaboration with operational and business partners
- Deploy scalable strategies, processes and tools to facilitate continuous improvements of the Splunk security posture
- Measure and report on function’s operational performance and security progression at Splunk
- Work cross functionally to guide, influence and prioritize risk mitigation efforts
- Lead the Security Architecture function, including hiring, developing, and mentoring a team of highly technical security architects
- Research, evaluate, and recommend security technologies that can be applied to solutions being developed or maintained internally or externally
- Technically seasoned to drive cyber solutions from discovery/inception to balanced programs
- Collaborate with security governance and risk management functions to develop and maintain security policies
- 12+ years of demonstrated ability in a medium to large sized security organization, preferably with security or cloud product companies.
- 5+ years of progressive security leadership and management experience with demonstrated ability as an information security architect
- Demonstrable experience managing a security architecture or security engineering function in an organization with a large cloud footprint
- Demonstrated ability to evolve scalable security strategies based on research, data, business direction, and industry direction
- Outstanding track record as an influential leader
- Practical security background, with expert level knowledge of infrastructure security concepts including networking devices, identity services, web application security, encryption and endpoint security
- Solid grasp of data protection policies, benchmarks and products, privacy rules and regulations
- Maintain hyper-current knowledge of threat landscape, attacker techniques and mitigations
- Strategic, but also hands-on
- Champions and builds a synergetic working relationship with business partners.
- Use a data driven approach to drive security posture improvements and influence decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.A./B.S or equivalent work experience
- You are eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship