Director, Network & Information Security – Cyber Strategy & Program Execution – Verizon – Basking Ridge, NJ
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What You’ll Be Doing…
*Open to remote employment, candidate dependent*
The Strategy & Program Execution Leader Shall Have Significant Working Security Experience, Knowledge And Accreditation In The Following Areas
The Network & Information Security Director – Cyber Strategy & Program Execution is a critical member of the CISO leadership team, focused on developing executable cyber strategies that meet the overall needs of our diverse businesses and customers. We are looking for a transformational business leader that inspires creativity, and strong competency in both setting and executing cyber strategies across a highly complex business environment.
- Cyber security, Product Security, GRC leadership and transformation in large top 50 enterprises
- Proven leadership capabilities in large scale business and technology transformation
- Demonstrable success in leadership in Cyber security organizations
- Strategy and operational expertise in cyber defense, GRC, Program management and product and cloud security
- Information Security Standards and Frameworks – Knowledge of common information security standards such as: ISO 27001/27002, NIST CSF, FEDRAMP, CSA and CIS Controls.
- The Cyber Strategy & Program Execution Leader will oversee a team of security professionals responsible for:
Strategy & Execution
- Monitor the Verizon business initiatives, significant external factors, participate in key VZ business leadership governance bodies for roadmap item identification
- Document and maintain strategic objectives, threats, maturity improvements, imperatives, projected benefits, dependencies, projected effort and other relevant information for roadmap initiatives and project prioritization
- Maintain a multi-year strategic roadmap for security initiatives, strategic outcomes and end vision
- Socialize and align on periodic updates to Cyber Strategy with Cyber Security Leadership
- Support the CISO in definition and implementation of the Operating Model designed to achieve the Cyber Strategy, including strategic external partnership options
- Lead CISO’s executive governance, Board reporting and analytics
SEE ALSO Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
Project Management Office
- Serve as the central focal point, consolidate, prioritize, and sequence new cyber initiatives and projects using the strategy prioritization methodology.
- Update strategic roadmap with new initiatives and underlying projects
- Determine appropriate sponsor / owners for new or reprioritized initiatives / projects
- Socialize initiatives and project requirements, timing, and scope with identified initiative owners
- Determine current state cyber program maturity and define target state
- Assign and align initiative ownership, projects and milestones
- Facilitate execution of the cybersecurity roadmap, drive accountability
- Work with initiative teams to drive cybersecurity initiative completion
- Track and monitor status of initiative completion and progress toward target state goals, overall program health
- Establish and maintain a Corporate Information Security metrics framework, data and reporting platform
- Drive digital enablement training for CIS
- Define high-level digitization objectives for CIS program leads and oversee execution
- Establish and maintain an overall cyber resilience framework; leverage it as input to the cyber strategy
- Transform the cyber awareness program to maturity of the global Verizon workforce cyber understanding and response capabilities; evolve the security awareness efforts to ‘human-centered security program’ based on behavioral psychology and risk reduction
- Enhance secure behavior by design efforts
- Support redesign of physical environment, business workflows
- Deploy just-in-time security notices
- Demonstrate program success
- Establish behavioral program metrics
- Demonstrate ROI
Metrics & Reporting
- Maintain strategy program health metrics (based on established spending metrics, progress against milestone data, etc.)
- Establish and maintain a CIS metrics reporting framework, determine gaps & work with CISO reports to improve data points and coverage.
Workforce Strategy & Execution
- Work with CISO reports to define optimal operating model resourcing and competencies
- Establish and maintain a workforce training curriculum and career development planning
- Introduce a placement strategy for career development, ‘cross-pollination strategy’
What We’re Looking For…
- 10+ years people management with a proven track record of building, training, and developing a high-performing team; ability to lead and motivate an organization of security professions to achieve tactical and strategic goals, even when only “dotted line” reporting lines exist
- Strategic leader and builder of both vision and bridges, and able to energize the appropriate teams in the organization; proven leadership in advanced information systems combined with broad business acumen, which extends beyond the functional responsibilities of the role
- A thorough understanding of industry best practices in information security
- Experience working on cross-functional teams including engineering, products teams, legal and security
- Extensive exposure and experience with communicating and presenting to executive stakeholders including engineering, legal and C-suites.
- Experience with regulatory standards such as DFARS, CJIS, NYDFS
- 10+ years of experience with leading information security frameworks such as ISO27001/2, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, FedRamp, FISMA
- Experience effectively prioritizing work, juggling competing priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Security Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
Need Security Training? Certifications at Your Own Pace
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Job Family: SEC
Business Unit: STDBU