Director Product Management – Cyber Security – Capital One – McLean, VA
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Capital One is seeking a technical security solution/product Director to deliver game-changing cybersecurity solutions based on threat, data, and design thinking. At Capital One, we believe in the values of Excellence and Doing the Right Thing. We are a technology-oriented company delivering financial products to market through modern technology and constant innovation at a massive scale. Part of that innovation is leveraging technology to deliver the best cybersecurity solutions for the business.
As a candidate for this role, you’re able to seamlessly switch from executive-level risk conversations to diving deep into controls and technology to driving high-level, strategic discussions around roadmaps and security solutions. You are naturally curious and stay on top of emerging trends and threats. You are not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities. You are a clear thinker, thrive in working across teams, and an expert in dealing with ambiguity. You believe that a core component of security’s role is to enable the business, not just to secure it, and the solutions you bring to life are aligned to the needs of our developer community and business partners. You thrive in working in a fast-paced, technologically forward-leaning environment and are not afraid to push the boundaries of security capabilities.
What you’ll do…
- Develop and communicate a risk-based and data-driven strategy and roadmap for enterprise security services and solutions, in partnership with engineering and operations partners, customers, and other stakeholders
- Analyze and select alternatives based on threat, risk, desirability, feasibility, and viability
- Advise executive decision makers based on business and technology risk grounded in threat
- Maintain technical and risk credibility with your own team and with partners across the enterprise
- Maintain close ties to developers across the company, ensuring the services we create meet their needs as products evolve
- Iterate quickly and see the products through to production and scale
- Establish product value propositions, metrics, and key indicators
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead talent to be their best
- You have strong consulting skills
- You have the ability to foster collaborative, open, working relationships with technology groups and other stakeholders, including vendor relationships
- You have demonstrated clear communication skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization, and to influence senior management and executives
- You have experience managing multiple high-visibility and high-impact enterprise cybersecurity projects with cross-functional teams while maintaining superior results including planning, development and management of technical requirements, design, testing and deployment of security solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years experience in information security
- At least 5 years of people leadership experience
- At least 5 years of experience translating information security strategy into product requirements and key objectives
- Master’s in Computer Science
- 3+ years experience in public cloud security or multi-cloud environments
- 3+ years of experience in network security in the cloud
- 3+ years of scaled agile product management experience
- Professional certifications (CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CCSP, CISA, CRISC, SAFe Product Management, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Security, AWS Advanced Networking)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Job Category – Engineering, Technology Explorers, Cyber, Information Technology, Technology Explorers