Head of Privacy Cyber and Information Security – UBS Weehawken NJ
Job Reference #: 225016BR
City: Weehawken, United States – New Jersey
Job Type: Full Time
Do you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment that helps protect firm and client data? Are you a leader who can make the right call in challenging situations? Are you a shrewd evaluator of the risks in privacy, cyber and data protection? Can you navigate the big picture and dive into the detail when required?
SEE ALSO: Cyber security analysts median salary
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
- advise Management, Financial Advisors and Clients on cyber security matters, including, data loss, data breach and identity theft
- participate in global initiatives to enhance controls to protect against cyber risks and client identifiable data, and assist in the implementation of new processes and procedures.
- work with Technology to drive the firm’s cyber strategy as we build out our digital capabilities, including the design and roadmap to achieve
- partner with colleagues across the firm, particularly in Technology, Identity and Access Management, Risk Management, Legal and Compliance on various control and cyber initiatives
- provide leadership and oversight to the Privacy, Cyber and Information Security team to ensure execution of strategic initiatives and run the bank activities
- act as owner of the Wealth Management America’s Identity Theft program, including continual assessment of the program to ensure compliance with SEC Reg S-ID, and present annual report to the Boards
- protect access and restrict use of firm data through maintenance and updates to existing controls to support compliance with internal policies and various regulations.
- keep current on existing and emerging regulations on Data Protection and Data Privacy and perform impact analysis for the Wealth Management Americas business
You’ll be working in the Privacy, Cyber and Information Security team within the Wealth Management Americas Chief Data Office in Weehawken. Our role is to protect our clients’ personal identifiable information against data loss through maintaining controls, providing guidance and education.
- ideally 10 years + in the financial services industry, preferably in security technology, privacy, cyber security and risk management
- represent the team in discussions with C-Suite executives, business heads and regulators on privacy, cyber and information security topics
- strong analytical skills, able to quickly understand complex processes, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions
- strong leadership skills with the ability to develop a team and enhance their capabilities
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- superb judgement, with an eye on mitigating risk (current and emerging)
- client focused and results oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- a committed team player who enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
Need Cyber Security Training?
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That’s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We’re a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.