ICS/OT Cybersecurity Consultant – Accenture – New York, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Accenture is a global collective of innovators whose aim is to improve the way the world works and lives. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent, we drive success in new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. And we are looking to add an experienced ICS/OT Cybersecurity Consultant to an already outstanding team.
Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond to, and recover, at all points of the security lifecycle. We hire the very best security talent and arm them with the coolest tools and latest tech so they can help our clients build resilience as we create integrated, customized turnkey solutions. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
You Are passionate about security, love what you do and have a genuine desire to outsmart the bad guys. You have the experience to analyze a clients’ security posture, anticipate security requirements and help find right-sized solutions based on industry leading practices. You have a proven track record working successfully in a fast-paced, agile environment. You’re a creative, analytical problem solver with above average documentation skills who can speak to both technical and non-technical audiences. You are eager to put your skills to use by helping us help our clients inject security at every level of their organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead, influence and execute on ICS/OT security engagements in critical infrastructure and/or mission critical utility industry environments. In this role, you will assess, identify, and develop security solutions for OT environments such as Energy Management Systems (EMS), SCADA systems, and the latest grid modernization and renewable energy technologies. Responsibilities include helping clients access their security posture, recommend improvements and implementing those solutions. Assessments include security frameworks, existing security measures and alignment with best practices. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity perform testing against ICS/OT devices, networks and security control mechanisms. This includes testing on devices used in the field as well as future deployment devices, and investigation of device ecosystem and monitoring.
- 2-5 years’ experience in developing cybersecurity solutions for utility industry environments (e.g., electric substations, water treatment facilities, power generation facilities, natural gas environments, etc.)
- Previous experience assessing against standards and frameworks including DOE C2M2, IEC-62243/ISA-99, NIST CSF, NERC CIP, etc.
- Experience working with ICS technologies and/or environments. Examples include: SCADA, DCS, EMS, DMS, ADMS, PCN, RTUs, IACS, PLCs, HMIs, etc.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity functions including vulnerability assessment and management processes, identity and access management in ICS environments, incident response and monitoring, etc.
- Knowledge of common ICS protocols and technologies.
- Author detailed reports based on security assessments and recommendations with ability to present findings to non-technical executive staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Authorized to work in the US and willingness to undergo a background check.
- Travel: 30% average (up to 50% during peak times), some international, mostly domestic
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
NICE TO HAVES
- Previous experience providing consulting services to Fortune / Global 1000 clients and/or domain experience within relevant industry verticals such as Oil and Gas, Utilities, Manufacturing, etc.
- Relevant certifications (CISSP, GICSP, GRID, GCIP, etc.).
- Experience performing reverse engineering of embedded devices and/or industrial protocols.
- Experience designing, organizing, and executing security assessments and testing
- Experience developing proposals, SOW’s, and general content to support business capture
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
READ Google Announces 3 More Career Certifications
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll-free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email, or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future requires the sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.