Information Security Officer – New York State Center for Recruitment & Public Service – NY, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Duties of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) is seeking candidates to fill the position of Information Security Officer (ISO). The incumbent of this position will be responsible for leading the Respond & Recover function for the DFS Information Security program.
- Manages cybersecurity incidents, including internal and external communications;
- Ensures software is developed and implemented securely;
- Maintains enterprise resilience capabilities to meet data protection requirements;
- Schedules and coordinates penetration tests;
- Provides technical expertise to the Cyber Supervisory team in support of work programs, industry guidance, and other regulatory efforts; Participates in public and private industry business continuity and disaster recovery exercises;
- Assists and supports ITS, DHSES, and other NYS Agencies in responding to and recovering from cybersecurity incidents; and
- Supports the cyber threat intelligence program.
Formal qualifications are not filed for this position. However, the following may be considered minimally acceptable:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical teams in complex environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Minimum of seven years of cybersecurity experience; cybersecurity professional certification is preferred.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Government Administration 10,001+ employees 6 on LinkedIn Interested in working for New York State? Look for opportunities here.
The New York State Center for Recruitment and Public Service, a business unit of the Office of General Services, was established by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo to apply best practices to the recruitment of diverse, highly qualified talent into State service. The Center enables Executive agencies to hire candidates who will contribute to operational effectiveness and progress the State’s policy agenda, while supporting the Governor’s appointments to mission-critical boards, commissions, and authorities.
The Center works with executive agencies and the Governor’s Executive Chamber to recruit candidates for a wide range of professional opportunities. To browse all available NY State jobs, please visit https://statejobsny.com/. We also manage two of the Governor’s prestigious Fellowship programs – the Empire State Fellows program and the Excelsior Service Fellowship. Fellowship information can be found at https://www.ny.gov/programs/new-york-state-fellowship-programs.