Information Systems Security Engineer – IBM – New York City, NY, US
Note: Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work location: Radford, VA (candidates must be local/willing to relocate)
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
As Part Of The CyberSecurity Division With Direct Report To The Cybersecurity Division Chief – You Will Provide Information Systems Security Engineering Or Architecture Assistance Consisting Of The Following Tasks
- Act as lead Cybersecurity Engineer, assuming the responsibilities as outlined in AR 25-2.
- Assist customers in developing and maintaining a secure Cybersecurity Baseline that meets RMF for DOD IT and other certifications and specifications as required.
- Update and/or assist the hosted system’s personnel in updating artifacts of the accreditation package and store the artifacts in organizationally defined repository; i.e., system diagram (logical and physical) Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory, Interface & Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of network infrastructure specifications or designs incorporating required information security features.
- Review and evaluate Information Systems Design Plans, Continuity of Operation Plans, Communication Plans, engineering change proposals and configuration changes for compliance with relevant security regulations, policies, and best industry practice.
This work location for this role is at the client site in Radford, VA. Candidates must be clearable to DoD Secret clearance. An interim DOD Secret clearance or higher level clearance is required to begin work on Day 1.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 4 years of Senior-level Cybersecurity engineering experience completing above specified tasks
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess both Baseline and Computing Environment certification as defined in DoD Instruction 8570.01M.
- DoD 8570.1M IAM level III (i.e., CISSP-ISSAP or CISSP-ISSEP) certification is required.
- The Computing Environment certification can include CompTIA Server+, Microsoft, RedHat, or Solaris
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Management Consulting
Employment Type: Full-time:
Job Functions: Information Technology