Manager, Crisis Management, Cyber Security – BMO Harris Bank New Providence, NJ
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Job Family Group
Customer Shared Services
Plans, develops, and delivers initiatives and programs to provide awareness, indications, warnings, and operational readiness, for response to crisis events involving fraud, physical and cyber security, and other incidents within scope of the program. Brings together stakeholders (e.g. security, business, and business function teams) to holistically understand threats and mitigate them. Analyzes cyber, fraud, and physical security information to protect BMO, its customers and partners from security related threats. Responds and reports activities in the event of a crisis/incident, including notification, escalation and coordination of BMO resources to contain threats and help resolve emergencies.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboard.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Develops and manages a business/group program.
- Reviews the program for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Identifies incidents of significance, determines impact, urgency and audience to whom prevention, detection, mitigation and remediation guidance would be most beneficial.
- Analyzes threat data and synthesizes the analysis to identify, escalate, and fill intelligence gaps.
- Applies expertise to ascertain the impact of an attack and develops threat trends to develop mitigation techniques and countermeasures that can prevent future attacks.
- Provides security related threat analysis, alerting, and reporting based on information gathered from both internal and external sources.
- Monitors and researches threats with a direct or indirect impact to BMO.
- Provides threat analysis support to development and research teams.
- Conducts research, performing analysis and disseminating findings.
- Coordinates risk, vulnerability and threat reporting to create a common operating picture.
- Triages, processes, analyzes, and disseminates alerts, reports, and briefings.
- Employs systems (e.g. customized exception reports, tracking reports, etc.) to manage information.
- Distills analysis and applies critical thinking to develop insights and implications; prepares written briefings and communications for senior bank management.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Develops strong cross-functional relationships with senior line of business and functional representatives to facilitate two-way information sharing in support of crisis program management objectives.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Prepares written reports and gives presentations to internal/external stakeholders and customers.
- Liaises with external stakeholders to build greater situational awareness.
- Supports the development and promotion of a business/group program.
- Administers and manages processes and programs.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 – 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years working in a security operations or a fusion center strongly preferred.
- Ability to review information to determine its significance, validate its accuracy and assess its reliability to technical and non-technical audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of more than one of the following areas: Cybercrime, Extremist Groups and Cyber Terrorists, Hacktivism, Distributed Denial of Service, Advanced Persistent Threats, Malware and Mobile Threats, Emerging Threats, Social Engineering, Insider Threats, Third Party Risks/Threats, Data Leakage Threats, Fraud.
- Self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently with little oversight.
- Knowledge of the tools and sources available to conduct security alerting, analysis, and enhanced situational awareness – In-depth.
- Situational awareness skills – In-depth.
- Presentation skills – In-depth.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
Need Security Training? Certifications at Your Own Pace
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team, you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.