Company Name: Boingo Wireless
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Manager, Information Security
Are you a rising star in Security and looking to grow and expand your skill set in a technically challenging environment? If so, Boingo Wireless might be the place for you. Not only do we protect Boingo’s corporate infrastructure, we provide security services for our web-connected assets and operate a growing hub of international wireless networks.
- Spearhead all security engineering, and operations initiatives
- Watch security technologies on a global level; make recommendations to improve technology as needed
- Play key role in the delivery of new security solutions and step in as the solution owner once implemented
- Act as the primary contact for all security operation tasks including vulnerability & threat management, security monitoring and security testing
- Periodically assess security controls and provide plans for improvements
- Supervise incident investigations and ensure investigations adhere to forensic standard methodologies
- Provide security guidance to business functions including risk management, internal audit, operations, legal and human resources
- Ensure updated information is maintained on the latest security threats and recommend/implement solutions
- Establish and maintain security policies and procedures
- Ensure policy compliance via technical and manual means; ensure end users are following these
- Improve and maintain high-quality documentation of system functionality and security processes
- Provide sales support for security related concerns.
- Supervise and grow a dedicated security team
- 3+ years experience in Information Security and/or Cyber Security or 5+ years in Information Technology and/or 2+ years in Network Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field is a preferred
- Work independently without supervision and harmoniously with other teams
- Direct experience with regulatory compliance standards (SOX, PCI, HIPAA, Safe-Harbor/EU) is highly desired
- Security skills including ethical hacking theory, vulnerability management, and pen testing
Nice to haves
- Security certifications like CISSP, CISM, CEH, Security+, Cisco CCNA Security, etc.
- Experience with VMWare ESX or similar Virtualization infrastructure
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Some project management experience
- Cover letters appreciated
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever. Your health and safety, and that of our employees is also important. We conduct video interviews, and practice public health recommendations of the CDC and local authorities.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love.