Company Name: Boeing Company
Location: El Segundo, CA, US
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore, and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Security is seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated Mid-Level Cyber Security Specialist to support the Department of Defense (DoD) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA, Seal Beach, CA, or Huntington Beach, CA.
- Contributes to the development and deployment of program information security for assigned systems to meet the program and enterprise requirements, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Implements Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes under the Risk Management Framework (RMF), as well as product development and product maintenance for assigned systems.
- Performs security compliance continuous monitoring (CONMON).
- Participates in security assessments and audits.
- Prepares and presents technical reports and briefings.
- Contributes to the identification of root causes, the prioritization of threats, and recommends/ implements corrective action.
- Provides mentoring and technical leadership within the information security program team.
- Explores the enterprise and industry for the evolving state of industry knowledge and methods regarding information security best practices.
- Supports development of enterprise-wide information security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures that may reach across multiple stakeholder organizations.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Current IAM Level 1 DoD 8140.01 (previously 8570.01) compliant certification or higher (i.e. CAP, GSLC, Security+ CE, CISSP, CASP, CISM, GSLC)
- 1+ years of experience in utilizing security relevant tools, systems, and applications in support of Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include: NESSUS, ACAS, DISA STIGs, SCAP, Audit Reduction, and HBSS
- Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience working within the National Industrial Security Procedures and Operations Manual (NISPOM)
- Experience in policies and implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
Typical Education & Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Masters with 3 years’ related work experience, PhD with 1+ years’ related work experience, etc.)
Need Cyber Security Training?
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Financial Markets by Yale University
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York
- Business Foundations by University of Pennsylvania
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful, and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.