Pokemon is not a good password along with these 99 other passwords no one should ever use
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Although it’s hard to believe the most common password of 2020 was “123456” and was used by 2,543,285 people. The second most common password, “123456789,” was by 961,435 only slightly less lazy people.
Of course, the word “password” used as a credential never fails to make the annual tally of common passwords. This year it came in as the fourth most commonly used password with 360,467 users, according to a tally by NordPass.
Its slightly more creative close cousin, “password1” came in at number 19. Only because there were 15 other super weak passwords in between
People paid respects to their favorite sports: Soccer, football, baseball all made the top 100 passwords. Sorry basketball fans, you fell outside to the number 104 spot.
And “killer” as well as “fuckyou” all made the common passwords list.
Because we used it in the title, you must know that “Pokemon” was the number 51 most common password with 37,197 accounts using it.
What are the most common passwords of 2020?
If you see your password in this list change it!
The top 10 most common passwords of 2020
|Position||Password||Number of Users|
How to Create a Secure Password
People often re-use passwords across multiple online accounts, Don’t do that! Don’t use your employers email for your social media.
- Use hard to guess passwords. Try creating a password from the first letters of each word in a sentence
- Use a unique password for each online account
- Don’t use the same password for social media accounts that you use for your bank account
- Since most people have over 100 online accounts, trying using a password app to create and store them. They can be synced for use across all your laptops and phones. NordPass makes a good one, so does Keeper Security, as Kaspersky.
- Use two-factor or multi-factor authentication when it is available
Make it your New Years Resolution: Get 30% OFF Keeper Unlimited and Keeper Family!
View the full list of 200 most commonly used passwords on the NordPass website here.