Free CyberSecure My Business Webinar Takes Place June 1st
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
National Cybersecurity Alliance (NCSA) and security firm Crowdstrike are presenting and sponsoring a webinar on defending your small business from cybersecurity threats. The free webinar will take place at 2:00PM (EST) or 11:00AM (CST) and is open to the public.
What to Expect
CyberSecure My Business Webinar will address the less discussed issue of small businesses being preyed upon by cyberattackers. The headlines are constantly buzzing about major corporate businesses being hit by ransomware or experiencing massive data breaches, but these companies are often ensured or equipped to deal with such incidences. Small businesses, however, are often vulnerable to the simplest attacks that can hurt their success. Large companies have divisions or departments dedicated to maintaining security and are mandated by law to have a crisis plan for a data breach or ransomware attack. Small businesses are often run by a small staff (sometimes made up of friends or family) that is dedicated to simply running the business. One attack can cause the loss of an entire business, depending on its severity and the attack’s nature.
The webinar aims to educate and assist small business owners and workers in implementing cybersecurity measures at their business.
Need Security Training? Certifications at Your Own Pace
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Topics will include:
- Common cybersecurity misconceptions for small business
- Real-world case studies of cyber intrusions and what could have been done to stop them
- The basic structure of a successful cybersecurity program
- How small businesses are using managed services to identify, get rid of, or even prevent these attackers from gaining access to their systems
The guest speaker at this event will be Eric Bodkin, the Director of Endpoint Recovery Services at Crowdstrike.
This event is a great opportunity for any small business owner to learn from qualified experts on how to keep their livelihoods safe and help them thrive in an increasingly technologically advanced world.
You can register for the event on StaySafeOnline.org
We hope to see you there!