NIS Threat Intelligence Analyst – PwC – Los Angeles
Company Name: PwC
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You’ll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets.
5 Reasons Why Cyber Security Certification Is Worth It
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required
High School Diploma
Minimum Years Of Experience
4 year(s) progressive professional roles involving information security and/or IT management.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) experience (Splunk preferred);
- Writing Yara rules;
- Network protocols (OSI layers 3-5);
- Basic programming (Python preferred);
- Incident response processes;
- Knowledge of – and experience in applying – basic intelligence models such as the intelligence lifecycle, intrusion kill chain, diamond model, analysis of competing hypotheses, and related structured analytic techniques;
- High level analytical and information organizational skills with ability to creatively resolve issues;
- Structured analysis, prioritization and reporting of a cyber adversary’s intent, opportunity and capability;
- Current cyber threats and adversary tool, techniques and procedures; and,
- Enterprise Threat Intelligence Platform technology highly regarded.
Demonstrates extensive-level abilities with, and a proven record of success in:
- Analyzing of incidents, attribution of incidents to threat types and intrusion sets, extraction of intelligence from incident data and malicious code, and Level 3 incident response support;
- Identifying, prioritizing and reporting on external cyber threats relevant to an organization’s industry, geographic and technological footprint;
- Generating, consuming and exploiting tactical and operational threat intelligence to protect against cyber threats;
- Reporting findings to multiple levels of management across cultural and geographic boundaries, as well as functional teams impacted by cyber threats;
- Seeking new, and validating existing, sources of threat intelligence;
- Providing tactical, operational and strategic recommendations for preventative controls to other security organizations based upon incident response findings and trends in realized threat activity; and,
- Coordinating and executing changes to existing instrumentation to better facilitate intelligence collection and utilization goals, applying skills like systems integration, tailored tool development, and informal project management.
Need Security Training?
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
Note: we may receive a commission from these partners
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.