Offensive Security Manager – Application Security – Zoom – Denver, CO
Note: We are reader supported and may earn a small commission when you click on links in posts
About the Job
Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Offensive Security Manager
PRODUCT SECURITY /FULL-TIME EXEMPT
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
Zoom is seeking a hands on, technical Offensive Security Manager to join our Security team. Our offensive security team has their hands on every stage of the SDLC pipeline, from initial design through to ongoing penetration testing. Our engineers can identify vulnerabilities in design and implementation, prove and explain these vulnerabilities to others, and provide practical recommendations and steps – not just to fix the identified issue, but to reduce similar occurrences in the future. We’re looking for a well rounded manager with experience managing/mentoring security experts, and with a breadth of knowledge in application security. Think “red that can lean blue”.
- Drive strategic initiatives that define and improve the procedures and methodologies for conduct security assessments at Zoom.
- Manage a team of 4-8 security engineers
- Perform binary, web, and mobile security assessments, in order of time spent.
- Communicate discovered issues, how to exploit them, and how to fix them for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with other groups within Zoom to better serve our customers.
- 10 years of technology experience, with at least 5 years performing pentests and code reviews.
- Experience leading/mentoring/managing security engineers
- Have a broad range of security knowledge but can go in depth in your favorite area (e.g., web applications, UNIX boxes, binaries, macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, cryptography)
- Have a strong familiarity and experience with in-house security programs and penetration testing methodologies.
- Are proficient in one or more programming languages and can both read and understand code written by others at Zoom and also combat code what you need to break it.
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal: we have a lot of remote and asynchronous communication given our distributed teams and customers.
Security Training Courses
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Financial Markets by Yale University
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York
- Business Foundations by University of Pennsylvania
Zoom Video Communications Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company Work-Life Balance 2019
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company Compensation 2019
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company Happiness 2019 Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company Perks & Benefits 2019 Zoom
- Video Communications is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Professional Development on Comparably.
- Zoom Video Communications is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/zoom-video-communications
Get an inside look at the San Jose office culture here: https://youtu.be/U8GMcBn9ecw
Zoom Video Communications is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Zoom!
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram