Principal Cyber Security Architect – GE Healthcare Delaware, United States
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Provides ongoing security architectural guidance, input, and direction to product and platform teams. There is moderate autonomy within the role. High levels of technical hardware and software architectural judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Builds, defines, and executes architectural patterns for secure implementation of security features in new and existing products
- Provides technical leadership across all product security at a divisional level, including mid and long term strategic technical direction
- Requires specialized knowledge within the function. Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others’ options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) and/or a minimum of 4 years of equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in security development life cycle
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with commercial product development
- At least 15 years of experience in information security & Solution Architecture
- Strong Commercial Background with experience in working with external customers, sales and service orgs and prior experience in building commercial offerings
Strong technical skills and experience in embedded security technology, cloud security, cryptography, Identity and Access Management, Public Key Infrastructure, and related areas. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
The salary range for this position is $168-263k. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. Available benefits include health, welfare, retirement and paid leave.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.