Principal Information Security Analyst – Cyber Security Third-Party Governance Job Opening
Jersey City, NJ, United States
Permanent, Full time
Principal Information Security Analyst – Cyber Security Third-Party Governance
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing &Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to CyberArchitecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank’s executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
BNYM is seeking a highly motivated professional to join its Cyber Security Third-Party Governance (TPG) team. The successful candidate will work in a technically diverse and dynamic environment and lead a team of Cyber Security professionals responsible for the assessment, analysis and governance of cyber security for third-party vendors. The successful candidate will be leading the design and integration of cyber security controls and processes into the BNYM’s third-party governance.
The individual works closely with the TPG Cyber Security Leader, Senior Information Risk Officers (SIRO), procurement, third-party governance, technology risk management, application managers, business teams, and vendors on TPG strategies to mitigate identified risks and to improve governance. This requires both good oral and written communication skills and the ability to negotiate. Lead teams of cyber analysts on significant vendor reviews. Must be able to keep sensitive information confidential and know how to use it appropriately.
Key Roles & Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to
- Lead and contribute to assessments of the cyber security risk of third-party vendors with an appropriate level of detail
- Travel to vendor locations for on-site assessments
- Interface with senior executives, legal, technology risk management, business teams, application management, and third-party program management on cyber security issues
- Identify controls to address gaps in third-party vendor relationships
- Lead the design and implementation of TPG Cyber Security related governance and tools
- Act as a liaison between Cyber Security teams and third-party governance processes
- Define and create relevant metrics and reports
- Review the cyber related attestations by third parties such as SOC1, SOC2, ISO 27001 and report any observations for further review and tracking
- Support the creation and update of third-party related policies.
- Review vendor risk reports created by internal and external entities for impacts to cyber security
- Provide SME support to business and technology teams which have third-party issues in-scope
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends, methodologies and tools related to third-party
- Interface with industry coalitions working on third-party cybersecurity issues
Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company’s information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations. Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles. Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in cybersecurity and policy related activities
- Experienced leader in cyber and can act as trusted advisor to senior leaders
- Management experience in performing control-level technical cyber risk assessments
- Skills to motivate and drive adoption of new processes and requirements
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in third-party governance is strongly desired but not required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Solid understanding of geographically diverse regulatory requirements and concerns. Familiarity with various global regulations and industry standards concerning information and cyber security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Somerset
Internal Jobcode: 45183
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1906057