Principal Security Consultant – Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Newark, NJ
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
At AWS, we’re hiring highly passionate and deeply technical cloud computing Security Architect to help our partners develop technical expertise and work with our partners on key customer engagements. Our security and compliance consultants will deliver architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, and conduct customer workshops. AWS Security consultants will collaborate with customers to address security and compliance challenges, and implementing and migrating customer solutions and workloads onto AWS.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
The ideal candidate should be an innovative security professional who has the ability to be a change agent for our most strategic customers that are looking to move their sensitive work loads into the cloud. We need someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be able to earn the customer’s trust while providing their perspective and guidance on developing and executing an innovative security strategy.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Solutions – Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer security and compliance requirements, proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
- Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services in key market verticals & regulated industries such as financial services, healthcare, life sciences, and energy.
- Delivery – Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services. This will be done via onsite customer projects.
- Insights – Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
- 10 + years experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy and controls.
- BA/BS degree, equivalent experience or equivalent military experience
- Experience building security reference architecture for all-in cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
- Experience in Cloud Computing technologies, scripting languages (JSON, Python, RoR, etc), integrating 3rd party monitoring tools, encryption tools, and forensics.
- Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Computer Science or Math background preferred
- Proven experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program’s evolution to meet new requirements
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
- Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
- Hands-on technical expertise in Security Architecture, automation, integration, and deployment (DevOps)
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape, including enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive successful outcomes in a multi-national environment
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Company – Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A1422705