Principal Security Strategist, Google Cloud – Google – On-site
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
About the job
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Denver, CO, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington, DC, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in security or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in the security industry, such as threat detection, malware intelligence, cloud security posture management, or identity and access management systems.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics, or a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Cloud or Security industry certifications.
- Experience implementing enterprise security solutions (e.g., threat detection and hunting, malware intelligence, cloud security posture management, or identity and access management systems).
- Experience managing global teams and post-sales focused teams.
- Knowledge of product and solution market trends in the cybersecurity industry (e.g., ransomware, attack frameworks, zero trust, etc).
- Ability to speak publicly and deliver compelling technical presentations.
About The Job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Principal Security Strategist, you will help grow our cybersecurity business by building and expanding relationships with customers. You will be a trusted advisor to customers and advocates for our security solutions, providing support to C-Level, Security Leaders, Cloud Security Architects, and Security Analysts, using both technical and business skill sets to lead projects forward. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams and deliver on key results of business growth, adoption metrics, customer satisfaction, and growth of products. You’ll optimize for results, leading with empathy, while identifying innovative ways to multiply your impact and the impact of the team as a whole.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $216,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Develop use cases, programs, and training to increase adoption, build key customer use cases and scalable solutions.
- Work with our post-sales teams including support, professional services, and customer success in order to ensure proper implementation and adoption.
- Design and develop adoption programs with our partners to ensure that partners scale adoption efforts across the customer base.
- Work with product management, product marketing and engineering to ensure proper launch and adoption of features and maintain a feedback loop to make sure product development meets customer objectives.
- Create high value content and thought leadership and participate in key industry speaking engagements.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.