Product Manager, Communications Experience – Splunk Cloud Platform – Splunk – New York, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Become a part of our journey!
Splunk Cloud plays a critical role for enterprises who need to solve sophisticated challenges with data, and customers rely on our ecosystem of strategic partners to help guide and accelerate their adoption of Splunk Cloud. We are looking for a product leader to grow and mature our offerings to our customers, with a focus on innovative and creative ways to keep both the customer and the internal Splunk teams informed about exciting capabilities on the roadmap. You will be at the forefront to guide the fast-and-furious pace of our service operational capabilities helping our amazing customers tackle complex challenges with machine data. Are you up for the challenge?
Responsibilities What You’ll Do.
- You will own and define the communications experience for the customer. This spans communications, notifications or alerts “in-product” and out of product such as email messaging systems. To do this effectively, you will understand the current communications experience, identify gaps and define the future state.
- Understand and represent the customer, support, operational and financial perspectives in the delivery of the experience. Leverage cross-functional teams of Splunk subject experts to drive the desired customer experience and the best business outcome.
- Collaborate with multiple internal & external partners to define the needs and success criteria for partner-powered journeys.
- Use data, partner/customer feedback, and market intelligence to drive decisions.
- You will also work with Splunk Cloud Platform strategic accounts on scale, availability and security roadmap requirements. You will own the business case for these capabilities and collaborate with the service owners on roadmap prioritization.
Requirements What you’ll need to succeed.
- Hands-on experience with a public IaaS or SaaS service. You have a good understanding of operational aspects of delivering large-scale Cloud service experiences. You can point to examples of services you worked on.
- Ability to deeply empathize with the needs of our partners across a variety of use cases and specializations. Experience in a B2B SaaS context of Fortune 2000 enterprises is highly desirable. Prior experience or exposure to Splunk is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have 3+ years of experience in an operational role, including 1+ years of product management experience.
- You have shown the ability to lead without authority and are comfortable articulating requirements via documents and presentations.
- You enjoy engaging with customers on business and operational topics.
- You are comfortable with shifting priorities and ownership in a fast-paced environment.
Get Cyber Security Training
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or similar degree highly preferred
- Professional certifications as a plus, especially those around Project, Product, and Cybersecurity management
If you’re looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership, and creativity, please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you’ll be working with a team of wicked-smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers’ success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Splunk. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.