Product Marketing Manager – Cybersecurity – Lenovo Morrisville, NC – Remote
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive.
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a Fortune 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re in 180 countries, working with 63,000 brilliant colleagues and counting. And we’re known for the world’s most complete portfolio of smart technology, from devices to software to infrastructure.
With our ingenuity, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
Job Description And Requirements
Lenovo is looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead GTM strategy, messaging and positioning for Commercial Cybersecurity Solutions (ThinkShield). In this position, you’ll play a critical role leading and orchestrating the go-to-market strategy for our enterprise security portfolio. Additionally, you’ll be at the forefront of strategic initiatives around our transformation and growth. This is a highly visible role with tremendous opportunity for growth.
This role requires collaboration and coordination across internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of our organization. You’ll work with senior executives, product managers, marketing, technology partners and the sales geographies and marketing teams to drive GTM strategy and product marketing.
The successful candidate must have exceptional communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
This position can be remote and based anywhere in the US.
- Be an expert on the key capabilities, differentiators, benefits and use cases in cybersecurity for enterprise customers.
- Develop compelling messaging, product literature, whitepapers, solution briefs, competitive positioning, customer presentations and event presentations.
- Deliver content, assets and tools including: whitepapers, presentations, demos, webinars, ROI tools and other market-facing materials.
- Work closely across geography sales teams and marketing teams to develop demand gen and awareness campaigns.
- Enable the sales, and channel organizations on Lenovo’s Cybersecurity Solutions (ThinkShield) capabilities and positioning.
- Understand sales/channel requirements and communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of the products.
- Regularly evaluate competitive capabilities and technologies to understand features, pricing, positioning and packaging.
- Serve as a thought leader as needed with a variety of audiences including customers, analysts, field and partner teams driving a deeper understanding of the ThinkShield value proposition and our differentiation.
- Work closely with partners, sales, marketing and executives to develop & influence product strategy, GTM strategy.
What skills and knowledge should you bring?
- Strong enterprise security background (4+ years in Product Marketing, Sales Engineering and/or Product Management).
- Knowledgeable about next-generation endpoint protection, cybersecurity technologies (traditional antivirus, network security, firewalls, vulnerability assessment, incident response and forensics), endpoint computing platforms (especially Windows), virtualization (VmWare, Citrix), and cloud (AWS, Azure). Understanding of the Microsoft O365, Active Directory, Cloud and On-Prem deployments.
- Knowledge of firmware/hardware security
- Strong written, verbal, editing and presentation skills. Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability. Easily builds business partnerships and inspires team member.
- Team player that can operate without close supervision, including working in remote locations. Conduct detailed reporting of timelines and tasks progress and completion.
- Extremely strong power point and presentation development skills
- Hunger to learn and fill knowledge gaps
Requirements for Success:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in business, marketing or technical degree (computer science, computer engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years minimum of professional experience in security, product marketing, and/or product management. Open to candidates with cyber security experience who are interested in making the transition to product marketing.
- Passion for the cyber security space
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulate/align technical features to customer needs
- Experience or knowledge of sales, marketing, and development processes
- Demonstrated leadership, sales support, project management and training skills
- Demonstrated communication, writing and presentation skills
- Forward thinking with experience in market research and ability to problem-solve
- Ability to develop effective relationships and collaborate with senior level management
- Comfortable working on a collaborative team environment
Awards & Recognition:
- Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies, 2020 & 2019
- Human Rights Campaign, Corporate Quality Index – Perfect Score 2020, 2019, 2018
- Universum’s World’s Most Attractive Employers, 2021, 2020
- Best Places to work for LGBTQ Equality, 2021 & 2020
- Top 100 Internship Programs Winner, 2020
- Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations by Corporate Knights, 2020
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index – Perfect Score, 2020
- IoT Breakthrough Award, 2020
- 2021 Fortune Global 500, #159
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
Learn more about why it’s great to work at Lenovo – https://www.lenovobenefits.com/why-join-lenovo
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.
Lenovo adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for US-based employees. As a condition of employment, employees must adhere to Lenovo’s US Vaccination Policy and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to any applicable accommodations. To be fully vaccinated means individuals must receive the full series of a vaccine either approved by the FDA or WHO and listed by the CDC (e.g. two dose of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines; or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). This applies to all US-based employees, contractors and interns, regardless of work location. As a condition of employment, you must provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or follow Lenovo’s accommodation process.
- Morrisville – North Carolina – United States of America