Security Analyst (Remote) – PwC – Philadelphia, PA – Remote
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
About the job
- Line of Service: Advisory
- Specialty/Competency: Cybersecurity & Privacy
- Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
- Time Type: Full time
- Government Clearance Required: No
- Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
- Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in our Cybersecurity, Privacy, & Forensics will provide you the opportunity to solve our clients most critical business and data protection related challenges. You will be part of a growing team driving strategic programs, data analytics, innovation, deals, cyber resilency, response, and technical implementation activities. You will have access to not only the top Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Forensics professionals at PwC, but at our clients and industry analysts across the globe. Our Advisory Acceleration Center is the natural extension of PwC’s leading class global delivery capabilities. We provide premium, cost effective, high quality services that support process quality and delivery capability in support for client engagements.
SEE ALSO: Cyber security analyst median salary
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
As a Specialist, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Consistently deliver on multiple commitments.
- Flex approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
- Identify and make suggestions for efficiencies and improvements when performing work.
- Take action to stay up to date with the evolution and impact of technology developments.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders effectively.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Need Security Training? Certifications at Your Own Pace
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional CertificateIntroduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) Specialization from DeepLearning.AI
- Agile Leadership Specialization from the University of Colorado
- International Cyber Conflicts from the State University of New York (SUNY)
- IT Fundamentals for Cybersecurity Specialization by IBM
- Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Networking Professional Certificate from Google Cloud
- Introduction to Blockchain Specialization from Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Minimum Degree Required
Basic Qualifications: High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience: 1 year(s) and 1 year with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Preferred Qualifications: GSEC, SEC+, Network+, Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with identifying and addressing client
- Networking and applying Network Principles (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture;
- Incident Response Frameworks and Handling Procedures;
- Vulnerability management and penetration testing of systems, applications, and networks; and,
- Information security, compliance, assurance, and/or other security best practices and principles.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with:
- Participating in daily huddles, shift handovers, preparing reports or providing inputs for reports as assigned;
- Communicating information regarding the security threat landscape;
- Identifying security threats, exploits, attack vectors and performing security investigations;
- Monitoring the local threat ops channels/SIEM/AV/DLP Policy violation consoles and notifying the client/stakeholders of any suspicious/malicious activity within agreed SLA timelines;
- Running a vulnerability scan as per the client schedules;
- Performing initial triage of SIEM, DLP, Host (end point) security issues and escalating based on the defined processes;
- Working with SIEMs, proxy tools, DLP, windows, UNIX and application logs;
- Analyzing logs from Network security devices, hands on experience with SIEM technology, network security devices, identity and access management principles, DLP incident evidence gathering utilizing and applying into projects analytic skills for problem analysis and resolution;
- Acquiring and utilizing knowledge on new technologies and solutions, emerging threats and vulnerabilities;
- Monitoring and analyzing alerts from a wide array of security devices and systems (SIEM’s, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Systems, Networks, Anti-virus, etc.);
- Applying the security incident response process: identification, containment and remediation on a 24×7 basis;
- Applying scripting language skills in Python or PowerShell; and,
- Preparing materials (reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.) to help enable informed decision making.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryspecialist.