About the job
Security Consultant – Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Chicago, IL
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
Do you want to work on planetary scale security solutions in the cloud? Are you excited to help customers automate security operations giving them unprecedented capability and agility? Do you enjoy working on fast-paced complex projects focused on game changing business outcomes for customer globally?
As a member of the AWS Professional Services Global Security, Risk, and Compliance Practice you will have the opportunity to pioneer technically excellent security solutions supporting customer initiatives that are meaningful to their business. Building on those experiences you’ll collaborate AWS service teams on new features, innovate with new technologies and explore new challenges.
READ Highest Paying Cyber Security Jobs
Roles And Responsibilities
- Build & deploy security infrastructure and automate security operations for customers
- Collaborate on internal builder projects
- Become a deep technical resource that earns our customers trust
- Develop high-quality technical content such as automation tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help our consultants, partners, and customers build on the work you deliver.
- Innovate on behalf of customers; translate your thoughts into action yielding measurable results.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
READ 5 Reasons Why Cyber Security Certification Is Worth It
- 5 years’ experience in IT security, compliance, or risk management
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience or equivalent military experience
- Experience in technology automation, implementation, integration, and/or deployment
- Hands-on technical expertise in building security capabilities in code and deploying infrastructure in code
- Technical expertise (design and/or implementation) in Cloud Computing technologies
- Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM
- Demonstrated understanding what it means to draw out customer needs and deliver practical outcomes addressing those needs.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments at scale
- Understanding architectural implications of meeting industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Base pay range
$74,000/yr – $131,000/yr
Company – Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A1405868