Security Engineer – The Wonderful Company – LA
Company Name: The Wonderful Company
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
The Information Security Engineer leverages their experience in Information Systems and Security to deliver solutions that address today’s cyber threats. The engineer participates in the design, deployment, maintenance, and operation of IT security solutions and standards. They work closely with team members from IT and business stakeholders to promote security standards, raise security awareness, mitigate risks, and meet business and regulatory requirements.
SEE ALL Cyber Security Jobs
Your Wonderful Purpose
- Gather and analyze global cyber threat information to maintain a current understanding of the cyber threat landscape; assist in providing leadership visibility of cybersecurity risks across the enterprise.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s security architecture and security policies, principles and standards. Author and maintain written security policies and procedures.
- Work with business units and stakeholders within or outside the organization to identify security requirements for new and existing systems.
- Deploy, manage, maintain and operate the company’s IT security platforms including but not limited to firewalls, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanners, SIEM, email security and endpoint protection systems.
- Perform penetration testing and vulnerability assessments to identify security strengths and weaknesses, assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and provide recommendations for remedial action where needed.
- Perform incident management and incident response activities as a member of the incident management team. As required, assist in triage, response and mitigation, post mortem analyses, and forensic analyses.
- Review access logs, system logs, configuration logs and other data sources to identify anomalies and to ensure that systems are in compliance with security policies.
- Work closely with IT team members to ensure adequate security controls are in place across all systems and platforms to defend against known and unknown threats, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements
- Offer guidance to IT staff on security best practices and requirements related to application development, system design, cloud computing and operational security; help teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations and business needs.
The Wonderful You
- 5-7 years of experience working on network security.
- Strong knowledge in of core internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, etc.)
- Familiarity with NIST security standards such as SP 800-53.
- Experience performing computer intrusion analysis and incident response.
- Hands-on experience deploying and maintaining security infrastructure (e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Web Content Filters, Proxies, DLP, SIEM, Log Analysis Platforms) is required.
- Experience configuring and managing Palo Alto firewalls required. Experience using Panorama to manage large Palo Alto deployments preferred.
- Security certifications including Security+, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CND and CEH preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment methods and technologies.
- Experience in infrastructure and application security analysis and vulnerability assessment.
- Hands-on experience working with a SIEM platform such as LogRhythm, vulnerability scanners such as Nessus or Nexpose and endpoint protection platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Windows platforms including Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Experience working with cloud security solutions and APIs for Office 365 and Azure preferred.
- Experience with email security solutions such as Mimecast or Proofpoint preferred.
- Familiarity with PKI and encryption standards required; experience working with PKI management systems such as Active Directory Certificate Services preferred.
- Working knowledge of wireless security standards and best practices regarding authentication and authorization using EAP-TLS preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with personnel at all levels and across multiple business units/organizations, and to understand business imperatives.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills are required. Candidate must be able to listen to concerns and resolve reported issues promptly and effectively.
- Candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-driven organization.
Wonderful’s Dedication To You
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- On-site subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving ( wonderfulgiving.com ) – allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work-Life integration.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share : Wonderful Pistachios ® is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful ® Halos ® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful ® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI ® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN ® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora ® is the world’s leading floral delivery service .
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $400 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year , $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents .
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com , or follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram . To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr .
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Train Online for Security Jobs
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native