Security Global Black Belt – Microsoft – New York, NY
Note: We may earn a commission from products or services when you click on a link and make a purchase.
About the job
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft – Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cyber security and research, to provide its customers with the solutions to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security and compliance solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe. In the Security Solutions Area (SSA) we are passionate about this mission and the Cybersecurity Sales team is looking for a motivated and self-driven sales professional to fill a key role as Security Global Black Belt (GBB).
SSA is looking for a passionate, experienced, and credible Azure security professional to join our growing team of GBBs. Your main goal in this role will be to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use Azure Security services. In this role, you will be expected to both own and win the customer’s technical decision, as well as find new opportunities to pursue in partnership with the broader SSA sales team.
Because of the relative complexity of these opportunities, the GBB role forms strong v-teams across Microsoft and beyond. Candidates align their efforts with the Microsoft account teams, specialist sellers, Microsoft Services, partners, product engineering, marketing and broader field leadership. GBBs possess extensive experience with executive customer relationships and connections, along with deep knowledge of our competitor’s offerings, sales strategies, and the ability to cultivate relationships with customers.
The role involves working as part of a global team, and although regionally based, the person hired will also support colleagues in other geographies. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, customer obsessed and will work closely with the local sales & services account teams, product engineering, and applicable partners to pursue corporate priorities and business opportunities.
Our Most Popular Cyber Security Training Courses
- Google Cloud Security
- Google Cloud Networking
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Linux Security
- Cyber Security 10 Domains
- IBM Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Native
- Lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft’s Security products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- Own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to the customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- Partner with product management and engineering to uncover and prioritize improvements and enhancements to your assigned technologies.
- Support partner and field sales training and enablement.
- Help identify and remove technical, architecture, and competitive blockers for your respective solutions.
- Influence the Azure advanced security protection solutions go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to your assigned customers for Microsoft’s Security Solutions.
You will be a Technical Solution Leader
- Azure Security Architect. The expertise and ability to integrate complex elements and customer requirements into innovative technical architectures in the cloud-based identity and access management and advanced Azure security solutions required.
- Cloud Trust. High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Technical breadth. Enterprise customer level experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards; broad experience with IaaS and PaaS, and broad Cloud Security; and competitive product knowledge required.
- Technical depth. Domain authority, having enterprise customer level technical experience with design, configuration and implementation of cloud-based Security Solutions. Azure Active Directory, Endpoint Manager, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Azure Security Center, Microsoft Defender, and Sentinel as well as competitive product knowledge required .
- Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow, Microsoft’s (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong people negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Market Maker. Strong leadership to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, industry decision makers and boards required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required.
- Performer. Highly driven and passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- 8+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 6+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field AND 4+ years of technical pre-sales or technical consulting experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Enterprise Security Architecture.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with the securely architecting and deploying security workloads
- High technical aptitude and hands-on experience working with enterprise security solutions and programs, especially Microsoft’s cybersecurity solutions.
- Significant, hands-on experience architecting and/or deploying threat detection and response solutions for enterprise-class customers.
- Experience and/or knowledge working with Azure services and workloads, or other public cloud ecosystems.
- Experience developing strategies and architectures for securing cloud workloads, including productivity SaaS applications and IaaS and PaaS workloads.
- Experience and direct responsibility for developing security architectures for companies and/or governments and for overseeing the implementation and execution of said strategies.
- Well-developed ability to influence without authority to drive change.
- Strong oral & written communication skills, strong influencing skills, experience in public speaking to large and small audiences.
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.